Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
thearun

Default 01-11-2010, 09:11 PM

yea i noticed that in the if clause. its due on jan 15 i think. wish me luck

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-11-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
Its weird, I don't like making my own games, but I love taking other people games and making them better
That's a good quality Dameria, it means you're set up to be a good team player.

Are there any of my projects you think you could improve on? (I'd love to see if you could add something practical to RP.)

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM

Hey than Damiera, you can help me. hahaha...i helped on this game to

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Dameria

Default 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM

X2495iiii, although I have learned a lot more about Alice than I ever thought I would learn, I still think that RP is above my skill level. I have given you suggestions on some things to add into later versions, but I don't know about actually programming them, you would be better at that than I am. I like taking unfinished games, games that people are struggling on and finishing those. RP is already a full functioning game, I don't think you need my help on it. Thanks for asking though

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
thearun

Default 01-13-2010, 07:59 AM

This is what i have so far, but i'm having trouble getting it to go after 10 clicks. I've tried EVERYTHING, it always screws up. Any pointers?
Attached Files
File Type: a2w tgame0.925.a2w (1.55 MB, 3 views)

Old
jediaction

Default 01-13-2010, 08:14 AM

did you look at how i did it, just copy the if else box into the clip board drag it out, then put it in the else empty spot, and look at my pattern for how the numbers go up and it will work

Old
jediaction

Default 01-13-2010, 08:15 AM

Is this your project thats due in 2 days, if it is, ill help you as much as i can

Old
thearun

Default 01-13-2010, 06:05 PM

clipboard helps a lot it helped a lot for a lot of things. i didn even kno it existed til u told me.

This is the updated version, but i can't figure out how to get the turtle to stop moving when the game is over. I'd greatly appreciate any help as this is due at 3:15(EST) tomorrow(Wed, Jan 13). [i think...: my teachers not exactly what you'd call good...]

Also, feel free to make any changes and reupload, if it makes the game better. Also, how would you rate the game in terms of challenge and fairness, and visual appeal. I will be adding music to it today.

ANDD why does the text shift around depending on what version i use to open it. When i open it on 2.0 it's perfectly in place, but on 2.2 its shifted.

You may also be wondering why i did the time the hard way. When i did it using variables, there was lots of lag, and the turtle didn't move around very well, or at all really.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w tgame0.961.a2w (2.25 MB, 1 views)

Old
jediaction

Default 01-14-2010, 07:26 AM

Well, i ca't test it yet, because im doing school but glad i could help. I am always trying to learn morein Alice, ive gone 3 years almost by my self and i am trying to get better.

Old
thearun

Default 01-14-2010, 11:10 AM

This is the final version that i will probably be handing in. do post updates if u have them though.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Turtle Game V1.0.a2w (2.33 MB, 3 views)