Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How can I play the sound soomthly?
Old
wongwanchap

Default How can I play the sound soomthly? - 01-05-2010, 12:25 AM

I am trying to make a game with sound in Alice 2.2. But when I import the sound and play the world, the sound seems always jam.

My question is:
Is it possible to play the sound smoothly in Alice 2.2?
What's the reason cause the sound jamming?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-05-2010, 07:31 AM

That's an unpredictable bug in Alice, because it happens to some people, but not to others, and when it does happen, it happens differently for each person. Sometimes the world freezes, sometimes it shuts Alice down, sometimes it just generates an error message but just goes on to play just fine.

To fix it, you'd have to re-install Alice and see if the bug is gone.

However, the problem could also be in your world itself. If you'd like me to look at your world to check it for bugs, post it as an attachment with the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom of the page.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-05-2010, 08:00 AM

Alice has a problem with sound. No matter what sound file you use. It will have an error. Ive had it before. Either just delete teh file then add it agasin or just restart your game. Sometimes your whole game will stop working because of your sound file...how to avoid-"dont put to many sounds in your game!"

hope this helps

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
wongwanchap

Default 01-05-2010, 08:35 AM

Thanks for your helps first.

To: x2495iiii
I have attach my Alice world. It just a simple test, but it still can't play the sound properly in my computer.

To: jediaction
Sound is not a must for a game, but game without sound is like a shirt without color. But I think I will take your solution.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w sound.a2w (3.74 MB, 7 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Well, I'm going to see if you sound world works with my copy of Alice. If it does, then we know that it can work, just not with the copy of Alice that you're using.

If there's a problem with your world, I'll fix it and post it for you to try.

And if none of it works, then the sound file is causing problems and you should delete it.

I disagree with jediaction, though. Sound works occasionally on Alice, but as I said before, it's unpredictable.

(')>

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-05-2010, 08:47 AM

Alright, I got the sound to play just fine on my copy (when I try to play sound, all I have to do is load the world twice and it plays fine), but the volume was very, very low. Are you sure it's not playing normally, but just very, very quietly?

If it isn't, try opening the world twice in a row. If it works for me, it might work for you.

Finally, if that doesn't work, you can either re-install Alice 2.2, install Alice 2.0 and try it there, or just do without the sound.

EDIT: Also, go ahead and try this version of your world. I added Gillette Fusion's Music Box, which can play background music indefinitely and seems to have more control over it than normal. I haven't tested it to see if it helps the sound bug out though, so this is it.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w soundTry.a2w (3.78 MB, 5 views)

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 01-05-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Old
dubastot

Default 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Alice has a problem with sound. No matter what sound file you use. It will have an error. Ive had it before. Either just delete teh file then add it agasin or just restart your game. Sometimes your whole game will stop working because of your sound file...how to avoid-"dont put to many sounds in your game!"

hope this helps
You used "to" instead of "too" again jediaction. BETTER START FIXING THAT!

Old
wongwanchap

Default 01-06-2010, 12:44 AM

To x2495iiii:
You are right, it works now, it probably just my sound's volume is too low.

Btw, what are "fromMarker=Start of Sound" and "toMarker=End of Sound" these two attributes use for?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-06-2010, 03:00 AM

Nothing, at the moment, because sound marking doesn't work. If it DID work, it would let you jump to a certain part of a sound file and end at a certain part of the sound file, instead of having to listen to it from start to finish.

Glad it works for you, though.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-06-2010, 11:03 AM

Yah its never worked for me but you can add sound, just not like 30 different sounds like long ones, you can have 100 short ones

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames