Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Review
Old
SirThorfinn

Default Review - 12-12-2010, 09:12 PM

I played your game and i believe you got a good idea for a game. The starting menu looked great. I found it hard to find out what to do but i don't know how far you are into production of the game. Is your only enemy that thing at the first gate? I picked up the key and opened the second gate but the collision thing you had on it wouldn't let me through. I like that the doors open for you when you get near them, its a nice touch.And i found the camera angle a little odd as it was pointed slightly toward the ground. I believe once your done it will be great. What do i do after i kill the first enemy?

EDIT: i just noticed your post about the second gate so ignore my previous statement.

/|..__________________/\_
/ `---___________----_____|]-------<BLAM>------>
/_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

<Youtube Page> (Not much there but maybe something you'll like) http://www.youtube.com/user/SirThorfinn?feature=mhum
<Xbox Live Gamertag> SirThorfinn

-----Friend of Thor-------------------------------------------
-----Spartans NEVER Die------------------------------------
All most anything on SirThorfinn is me... Almost.

Old
SirThorfinn

Default 12-12-2010, 09:16 PM

oh and don't worry about your file size unless it get near 100mb, alice may run slow if its to high. and if your world becomes over 20mb we can recommend some file sights that you can post it to and we can view them.

), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

<Youtube Page> (Not much there but maybe something you'll like) http://www.youtube.com/user/SirThorfinn?feature=mhum

Old
judiitran

Cool 12-12-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThorfinn View Post
I played your game and i believe you got a good idea for a game. The starting menu looked great. I found it hard to find out what to do but i don't know how far you are into production of the game. Is your only enemy that thing at the first gate? I picked up the key and opened the second gate but the collision thing you had on it wouldn't let me through. I like that the doors open for you when you get near them, its a nice touch.And i found the camera angle a little odd as it was pointed slightly toward the ground. I believe once your done it will be great. What do i do after i kill the first enemy?

EDIT: i just noticed your post about the second gate so ignore my previous statement.
Awesome! And thanks so much for the feedback
Yeah haha ive just been busy with the coll.det. and the design aspect of things, so I havent reallly finished the basic game yet, but I plan on having a ton more zombies !

and the health bar is only for show right now, I havent programmed that yet either haha, but I'm glad you liked it!

We were inspired by the story of "Elizabeth Bathory, the Bloody Countess" serial killer chick from the movie "Stay Alive". And that was our idea for the whole game pretty much, but its going to be a pretty short game though because of the file sizes and time limits for our finals. (:

Old
SirThorfinn

Default 12-13-2010, 06:46 AM

Ok sounds like you got a plan so keep to it and its always good to have fun doing it to.

), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

Old
judiitran

Default 12-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThorfinn View Post
Ok sounds like you got a plan so keep to it and its always good to have fun doing it to.
Yeah and thanks I will (:

Tags
contest