Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
What windows 8 SHOULD have been like
Old
beachbum111111

Default What windows 8 SHOULD have been like - 11-27-2012, 08:23 PM

Now note that I quickly put this together but this, in my opinion, is what windows 8 SHOULD have looked like. Now let me go over some changes microsoft should have made

-No desktop mode

If you are going to make a start screen like this you better go all the way, microsoft did not with windows 8. I thought with the new start screen I would be a replacement for the classic desktop. It was not. Instead we get this useless screen that is just for show. It just gives you an extra step to get to your desktop and there is really no point in having it.

-taskbar and start menu on start screen

This goes with my no desktop mode idea. There should be a start menu and taskbar on the main screen. Instead you have to go to desktop mode which, again, makes the new start screen worthless. And the start menu that would be on the taskbar should be a bit like the windows 8 setting tab so instead of going over to the left and waiting for the stupid thing to pop up you can just press the button that you normally would press

-Windows and folders on start menu

This is something that I thought windows 8 would have. It does not. It would be nice to be able to create a new folder on your start screen to put all your documents or games in, but there isn't. Another thing is that you can't have multiple windows on the start screen. You should be able to do that. I like to multi-task between games and stuff but when the program always goes into fullscreen mode it just annoys me even more.

-Making tiles bigger and smaller

Not much to say here. When you are moving a tile on the start menu around you should be able to use the scroll wheel to make it bigger or smaller.

So these are what I thought Microsoft should have done with Windows 8 to make it better but didn't.

"Don't lead me into temptation I can find it myself"