Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Detected Virus in Exported Video
Old
Foxtrot

Default Detected Virus in Exported Video - 06-08-2009, 10:18 PM

I just downloaded Alice 2.2 for Windows Vista, and when I tried to export a movie my computer detected a virus in the file and quarantined it. The name of the virus is Exploit.Multi.Qtp.k. Has anyone else had this problem?

NOpe
Old
dubastot

Smile NOpe - 06-09-2009, 06:12 PM

Nope

Old
lanceA

Default 06-17-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoteck View Post
Turn off your virus software when you are creating files! OR better yet record the Alice flick with camstudio and turn off you virus detection software. Also dump Vista and install XP!
Or better yet . . . move forward with Alice 3.0 and learn how to convert your Alice programs into .jar files which you can distribute to your friends so they can see your programs on their own computers, or publish them on websites.

Just my 2

Last edited by lanceA; 06-17-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Old
DrJim

Default 06-18-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Its no big problem. Run defrag ...
Not sure how you define "big" but it's not insignificant either. I installed Alice 3 on my Vista machine on a disk that had more than 60% unused and still saw a non-trivial performance improvement after defragmentation.

By the way, I think LanceA is not talking about the files that came with the Alice 3 download but of a project-specific output from NetBeans.

Old
lanceA

Default 06-18-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I repeat--Shut down AUTO PROTECT before running Alice--how hard is that to figure. Its no wonder stuff on this site NEVER GETS DONE.

I don't play games guys--the topic is "someone complained about Detected Virus in Exported Video--plain and simple.

Don't change the subject on me because its not going to happen. I give SOUND advice and facts and prove it on YOUTUBE!
I try my best to refrain from replying to posts such as this. However, as DrJim mentioned, and had you comprehended what was said in my post, Alice jar files are not my problem. The fact that you can post on YouTube does not make you an expert friend - my grandmother can post on YouTube.

Let's use this forum as a way of sharing positive feedback to Alice users.

Last edited by lanceA; 06-18-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Normal typos

Old
dubastot

Default 06-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
---before you change the subject. Someone needed help with something to do with a virus detection in Alice. Don't reply if you cant answer this question--

Posted by and thread started by---Foxtrot

__________________________________________________ __________
"""'I just downloaded Alice 2.2 for Windows Vista, and when I tried to export a movie my computer detected a virus in the file and quarantined it. The name of the virus is Exploit.Multi.Qtp.k. Has anyone else had this problem?"""''
__________________________________________________ _______________

I gave the correct answer--its plain and simple.
Yes, I have gotten it on a vista computer, but its no biggy. Just delete the file and your clean.

Old
Foxtrot

Default 07-03-2009, 12:18 PM

I'm sorry for replying so late, but thank you everyone for responding to my thread. Dubastot, since you say you've gotten this virus for Vista, is it real, or is it just the virus scan acting up? It's happened more than once for me.
Thanks again!

Old
dubastot

Default 07-05-2009, 08:51 PM

It's real, but its no threat. So don't sweat over it. Just manually delete it and it will be gone.

Re:Detected Virus in Exported Video
Old
smedleyamy

Default Re:Detected Virus in Exported Video - 09-04-2009, 04:05 AM

Hi Foxtrot,

Turn off your virus software when you are creating files. You are facing virus during downloading any file. Yes , I heard this virus Exploit.Multi.Qtp.k. This virus is linked with software products and many more downloads. When you try to download the software in your system then it will automatically extract this virus into your system files. The result will be corruption and infection in system file and removing the registry files. Use good anti-virus with good firewall protection. My problem is solved with good anti-virus ,it heal the infected file and quarantined the virus. Choose the anti virus which have good virus definition because if you don't have good definition of virus then the new virus may attack your system.Keep your system fully update in terms of security.

Thanks