Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Paladin - A medieval based movie
Old
Hoshi_Kawa

Default Paladin - A medieval based movie - 11-29-2006, 05:33 PM

Hello everyone,

This is my final project that I am using in my Introduction to Programming & Logic class, here at Coastal Carolina Community College. I've finally finished it, yet theirs still a few dents I need to work out. But in the end, its still pretty awesome. This is the first time the course is being taught here, and we think this Alice v2.0 program is pretty impressive.

Title: Paladin
Creator: me... @_@
Date Finished: Nov. 29, 2006

One downside of it, is it's size, 26.7MB (Used to be 42.6 MB), It has audio in it.... this will probably run your Alice v2.0 at its fullest. It would be best to close out your current Alice program and reopen it so it has fresh memory.

Hope it works... and Hope you enjoy it =)

http://rapidshare.com/files/5534568/Paladin2.zip (26.7 MB)

Last edited by Hoshi_Kawa; 11-30-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 11-30-2006, 11:44 AM

Hoshi,

Good work. I can see a lot of effort went into this. The world is quite large, but I was able to get it to play relatively smoothly.

A quick suggestion on improving your world would be to make use of the "set vehicle" command. By setting the axe's vehicle to the knight's hand, whenever the hand moves, the axe moves with it. It will make things a lot easier and also look a lot better.

I like your use of sound effects and music. They really enhance the world. I'm not sure if that's that main reason the world is so large, but if you can make it a little leaner, it will be accessible to a lot more people (with machines that might not be as capable as ours). If you are using wav files, you can compress to mp3. Also, if using several of the same object, try making duplicate copies of them in the add objects screen (which makes a reference rather than an actual copy) rather than dragging in new objects.

Old
Hoshi_Kawa

Default 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
Hoshi,

Good work. I can see a lot of effort went into this. The world is quite large, but I was able to get it to play relatively smoothly.

A quick suggestion on improving your world would be to make use of the "set vehicle" command. By setting the axe's vehicle to the knight's hand, whenever the hand moves, the axe moves with it. It will make things a lot easier and also look a lot better.

I like your use of sound effects and music. They really enhance the world. I'm not sure if that's that main reason the world is so large, but if you can make it a little leaner, it will be accessible to a lot more people (with machines that might not be as capable as ours). If you are using wav files, you can compress to mp3. Also, if using several of the same object, try making duplicate copies of them in the add objects screen (which makes a reference rather than an actual copy) rather than dragging in new objects.
Wow... I completely overlooked that vehicle feature. I had no Idea what that thing did lol. But now that i've tested it, I see it will make things "a lot" simpler. *Starts editing work*

And good tip with the Audio files, that should decrease the total file size by atleast 10 MB @_@

*Edits*
After converting the Audio files, the total file size has now dropped to 26.7MB ~ Wow

Last edited by Hoshi_Kawa; 11-30-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Paladin is Gone!
Old
dsilveri

Default Paladin is Gone! - 12-03-2008, 01:59 PM

The Paladin movie is not at this link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/5534568/Paladin2.zip

Is it still available?

Dennis

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-03-2008, 02:11 PM

I would love to watch it, but the URL is broken. If this is because you wanted to edit it, can you still leave it up so that we can see it too.

Old
Ch0pStickS

Default 12-03-2008, 04:45 PM

I saw this before on youtube, not sure if it's the right one though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRrsexf_J0E

Old
zarfang8

Default 12-03-2009, 06:17 PM

I saw this on Youtube!

Old
Dameria

Default 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM

Hey, me too! I remember seeing it on youtube and remembering it was such an awesome Alice project. Good Work