Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Exporting alice content to wonderland
Old
Jerome Gear

Cool Exporting alice content to wonderland - 10-19-2008, 05:39 PM

How does one transport to Wonderland content created in Alice. Do I first need to export the content to a graphics tool such as Blender or can I move it directly to Wonderland via Alice.

Old
DrJim

Default 10-21-2008, 01:53 AM

For this type of question you really need to supply more detail - there are many, many "Wonderlands".

After a quick Google search, I suspect you are talking about a 2D multi-player game. I didn't find anything about importing content to that game, but I suspect Blender - being a very advanced, 3D program - would be overkill (plus it's a pretty difficult program to use well).

My first suggestions would be to just to use screenshots against a neutral background and import the resulting images - with transparent backgrounds - into the game. You could also use a screen capture program - or Alice 2.2 if you have lots of memory - to import video. I do not recommend Alice for audio - it's adequate but there are much better tools available.

Exporting to Wonderland content created in Alice
Old
Jerome Gear

Default Exporting to Wonderland content created in Alice - 11-01-2008, 11:45 PM

Dr. Jim,

Several weeks ago, you replied to a message I posted to the Alice community, namely; how does one transport (export) to Wonderland content created in Alice. Your advice, export to Wonderland screenshots of the content created in Alice. I tried doing so but can't get it to work. A screenshot, as you already know, is 2D (two-demensional). Wonderland, conversly, is a 3D (three-demensional) virtual world. So taking a screenshot won't actually work. What format are Alice 3D files stored in, that is, what 3D file format does Alice use.

Jerome

Old
DrJim

Default 11-02-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Gear View Post
What format are Alice 3D files stored in, that is, what 3D file format does Alice use.

Jerome
Alice object files are in their own unique format (.a2c) and, as far as I know, can't be exported to any other program. See other forum postings for more details.