Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator
 
x2495iiii's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,508
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Continental U.S.
Default 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM

Yay!

Thanks for making Alice a better program every day, arty!


(')>
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Yay!

Thanks for making Alice a better program every day, arty!
Yay!

Thanks for being the best mod every day, X! ... even though you are the only mod, but if there were more, then you would be the best


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
room14
Senior Member
 
room14's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 549
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Default 03-13-2012, 11:02 PM

huh I guess it's good. Well, can't wait for it to be released!


:D
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 03-14-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by room14 View Post
huh I guess it's good. Well, can't wait for it to be released!
Its got off to a bumpy start, but that's what beta testing is for and X has been very helpful. By release it should hopefully be up to standards .


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Arrow 04-09-2012, 12:46 AM

I kind of went off on another tangent and, instead of just doing finishing work, I also added more significant features.

Gloo now has a "move to group"/"group gloo" feature. It simply allows you to move objects into groups. I added this feature because it was getting tedious dragging objects into groups on one of my worlds, its much easier to use gloo.

A whole new addon! This one is the real deal though. Seamless integration and whatnot.
Its called "Improve UI". It adds a lot of functionality to the Alice UI.
A quick preview:

In the image above you will probably notice the green things. They are added by this addon.

As you can see, the list of objects is long and there are many groups, so this makes it hard to find objects manually.
Just type the object name into the search box and it will automatically search all objects, all groups and all subparts as you type.

If it finds a match it will automatically select the object. You can press enter to get the next match when objects have the same name.

The arrow buttons open up a menu with useful options for the section they are in and the + buttons expand the section as a tab in the main cod editor.

This is just the start, many more features to come and bugs to fix.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Layout Overhaul
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Talking Layout Overhaul - 04-09-2012, 06:39 AM

For new addon Improve UI:
Added option to switch between standard and alternative layouts

Click each thumbnail to view full size

Code editor


Events editor


Scene editor


What do you think of this?


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator
 
x2495iiii's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,508
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Continental U.S.
Default 04-09-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
I kind of went off on another tangent and, instead of just doing finishing work, I also added more significant features.

Gloo now has a "move to group"/"group gloo" feature. It simply allows you to move objects into groups. I added this feature because it was getting tedious dragging objects into groups on one of my worlds, its much easier to use gloo.

A whole new addon! This one is the real deal though. Seamless integration and whatnot.
Its called "Improve UI". It adds a lot of functionality to the Alice UI.
A quick preview:

In the image above you will probably notice the green things. They are added by this addon.

As you can see, the list of objects is long and there are many groups, so this makes it hard to find objects manually.
Just type the object name into the search box and it will automatically search all objects, all groups and all subparts as you type.

If it finds a match it will automatically select the object. You can press enter to get the next match when objects have the same name.

The arrow buttons open up a menu with useful options for the section they are in and the + buttons expand the section as a tab in the main cod editor.

This is just the start, many more features to come and bugs to fix.
I'm glad you're adding stuff to Gloo. I've found it very useful when making changes to the polygonal structure of imported models outside Alice. I just import and gloo the corrected structure, then gloo it to the parent object and delete the parent's subparts.

And the improved UI looks AMAZING! You've thought of everything!

I know I've said it plenty, but I'll say it again:

Thanks arty!


(')>
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 04-09-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
I'm glad you're adding stuff to Gloo. I've found it very useful when making changes to the polygonal structure of imported models outside Alice. I just import and gloo the corrected structure, then gloo it to the parent object and delete the parent's subparts.

And the improved UI looks AMAZING! You've thought of everything!

I know I've said it plenty, but I'll say it again:

Thanks arty!
You're welcome. Hopefully I can get it ready to release in a beta update soon so you can try it out. If you want me to add anything, then I will happily consider it (depending on how possible it is).


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
sfunk
Senior Member
 
sfunk's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,112
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: I don't know
Default 04-09-2012, 06:45 PM

Looks good. too bad I actually don't have the time that I use too to be able to enjoy all these features you added to alice(or soon to be added) But Good work like always arty. You sure do know what you are doing.


If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM

Got search working much better for Improve UI addon. Its much faster and it does partial searches, ignoring case, too now. Unfortunately I've hit some issues with the alternative layout, I hate private Java variables.

In the process of making 3 essential addons that the public will probably never see. Beta Channel, Admin and Developer.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
addon, awesomeness, extension, gloo, plugin, theme, x2495jjjj

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2019, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.