Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Alice World
Old
kobiro

Thumbs up Alice World - 06-05-2018, 01:07 PM

I just completed my first Alice World!! Woot!!

Pretty easy to use IDE, and I'm excited to keep building!

Old
kobiro

Default #2 - 06-08-2018, 10:12 AM

I just completed my second world in Alice... made a helicopter that flies around in a circle and lands back down. Only difficulty I encountered was that I didn't realize that when trying to initially set the camera angle/viewpoint that if you moved the mouse further away from the directional pad, that it moved the camera faster...it was a lot quicker once I figured that out.

Alice World 3
Old
kobiro

Default Alice World 3 - 06-10-2018, 07:43 PM

Created my third world today from my assignment. Created a mummy that walks towards a pharaoh, then falls backward. Really found it difficult to manipulate the individual pieces of an object (arms/legs/hands). Takes a little getting used to. Still trying to learn about setting variables...not sure I understand how to set a variable off of another one.

Silly Tiger
Old
kobiro

Default Silly Tiger - 06-12-2018, 08:16 PM

Made a tiger singing a silly song today. Tried to create a random distance variable for him to hop a undefined height, but he just repeats the same height until the next loop. Not sure it was working right, or if there just weren't enough variable for the roll to change. Either way, silly tiger!

Old
alicestudent

Default 06-13-2018, 08:37 AM

For setting random numbers I used page 90.

-MR

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiro View Post
Made a tiger singing a silly song today. Tried to create a random distance variable for him to hop a undefined height, but he just repeats the same height until the next loop. Not sure it was working right, or if there just weren't enough variable for the roll to change. Either way, silly tiger!
If you upload the movie (in a new thread) I can see why it was not working and give you suggestions on how to fix it.
Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org