Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > Bugs and Trouble Shooting

Black screen when running (fixed)
Old
mhc

Default Black screen when running (fixed) - 11-14-2019, 09:09 AM

OVERVIEW
In the scene editor of any working scene, when adding the model TrashPile(LARGE), TrashPile(MEDIUM) or TrashPile(SMALL) the camera view or object tree briefly flashes red and the object appears to be added successfully. When Run, an "Alice has encountered a graphics problem" error is produced along with a prompt to report the error. This is sometimes followed by a multiple exceptions error window. The run window itself is rendered either black or flashing black and blue, and the scene editor is rendered as a black screen. Restarting Alice 3 does not restore the scene editor.

SOLUTION
Delete the TrashPile object from the scene completely and save the project (alternatively, restore a saved file from before the TrashPilewas added). Restart Alice 3 and reload the project. NOTE: there may be additional objects which cause this graphics problem. I did not test them all.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Tested and reproduced on:
  • a Lenovo ThinkPad, Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz, Intel UHD Graphics 620, Windows 10 64-bit
  • a Dell Optiplex 7450 AIO, Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @3.60GHz 3.60GHz, Intel HD Graphics 630, Window 10 64-bit
  • a Dell XPS 620i, Intel Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz 2.40GHz, GeForce 8800 GT, Window 10 64-bit
  • an HP EliteOne 800 G1 Touch AiO, Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4600, Window 10 64-bit

AFFECTED OBJECTS
This list may not be complete.
  • TrashPile(LARGE)
  • TrashPile(MEDIUM)
  • TrashPile(SMALL)

Tags
black screen