Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Lab 1- Equations
Old
peepthisgal

Talking Lab 1- Equations - 06-28-2010, 11:24 PM

We were required to complete two worlds for this assigned task. I got both of them done. But, I wasn't able to dedicate much time to doing extra things in each world. We were required to do complex equations for this assignment.

Lab1
Old
rudebeans

Default Lab1 - 07-05-2010, 01:24 PM

I agree, that provided I had more bandwidth, I would have added a little more fun elements to my worlds. The toughest part of the lab was the "hoping animal" as that one wasn't exactly a lot of steps, but we were really challenged to recall what we've learned about on using World Functions such as the "ask user for a number" and then applying it to our hop methods. Does anyone know if Alice has any sort of collision detection? I basically used my "hoping" assignment to create a game where Frankie the bunny has to hop over a cop car to get away from the law. It would be great if a person guessed to low of a number, and then watch the object land short, which would call another object method to react, such as having the car's lights go off, etc. Thanks.

Tags
equations, lab1