Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Instructions
Old
Ezra98

Default Instructions - 09-12-2010, 03:24 PM

I have a game in progress (racing) and i was wondering how to make a page of instructions pop up and then fade away by pressing a button - like off the example world : flight simulator?

Old
jediaction

Default 09-12-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra98 View Post
I have a game in progress (racing) and i was wondering how to make a page of instructions pop up and then fade away by pressing a button - like off the example world : flight simulator?
Well Ezra, this is an easy solution. Add a bill board which is a flat picture by clicking "file" then near the bottom of the list, Billboard. Import an image of the instructions then make a method of it. Position it in front of the camera and make it set vehicle to the camera. Make a method saying "wait 3 seconds" or how ever. Then make its opacity to 0% in2 seconds then make it Showing = false. Or with a button. When "any button" is pressed. It fades out the same way just leave out the wait

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Ezra98

Default 09-12-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Well Ezra, this is an easy solution. Add a bill board which is a flat picture by clicking "file" then near the bottom of the list, Billboard. Import an image of the instructions then make a method of it. Position it in front of the camera and make it set vehicle to the camera. Make a method saying "wait 3 seconds" or how ever. Then make its opacity to 0% in2 seconds then make it Showing = false. Or with a button. When "any button" is pressed. It fades out the same way just leave out the wait
thanks alot!

Old
jediaction

Default 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM

np

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames