Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Rockstar442's first game 10% complete :)
Old
rockstar442

Default Rockstar442's first game 10% complete :) - 12-11-2009, 08:33 PM

ok guys with school holding be back its been hard to do all this work
anyway this is my very first successful game 10% complete please give me comments and ideas
Attached Files
File Type: a2w game.a2w (2.65 MB, 22 views)

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-11-2009, 09:16 PM

can someone reply im scareed

Old
Dameria

Default 12-11-2009, 09:24 PM

It seems like the heavy attack is too powerful, and the regular attack does not do anything. Its pretty good for your first game. Have you every tried my first game? Tank? That was what I did the first time I tried Alice, thats why its not too good, I could probably make it better now.

EDIT: Oh yea sorry I forgot, you sent me a message about the tank game, ok I know you played it then, lol. But yea, keep up with this game and try to make it more realistic, like make the spaceship straighter, make the transitions between camera angles of the tanks and spaceship smoother (mess around with the duration part of the camera moving methods, and also try different types of movement for the camera)

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Last edited by Dameria; 12-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Old
spatulaboy

Default 12-11-2009, 09:53 PM

I'm sure you're going to add a lot but here are some ideas

Upgrades: always my favorite part about shooters. Maybe you don't start with so many bullets coming out of your ship and it increases with the amount of points you get (or things you collect, etc).

More enemies: I'm sure you've thought about this and are making plans but many more enemies of different types and behaviors would be cool (like different colored tanks that move in different patterns or fire different types of weapons.

Moving enemies: running around avoiding fire, roaming in circles, etc.

Enemies that fire upon you: I ran the program a couple times and it seemed the tanks didn't really hit me but that's probably something you're working on (you said it was 10% done).

Cool hidden stuff: Also my favorite part of games. Some little hidden things that reward players for looking around or playing the game more than once are really neat.

Rewards for a certain amount of kills without misses or some such.

Anyway there's lots of cool things you could add and are probably already planning.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-11-2009, 11:20 PM

Good idea spatulaboy. I'm going to add some hidden stuff to RP4 now.

(')>

Old
spatulaboy

Default 12-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Good idea spatulaboy. I'm going to add some hidden stuff to RP4 now.
Oh yea hidden stuff is the bomb.

Makes a game in my opinion.

Like, it shows that the creator put little touches or details besides just programming and making it work.

I love it.

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-12-2009, 12:18 PM

ok thanks guys i hope you enjoyed my 10% of the game it took me awhile to make this i mean for all the bullets and tanks ill start doing what you guys said but remember im only a 9th grader so dont expect that much out of me but ill still live up to my potential

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulaboy View Post
I'm sure you're going to add a lot but here are some ideas

Upgrades: always my favorite part about shooters. Maybe you don't start with so many bullets coming out of your ship and it increases with the amount of points you get (or things you collect, etc).

More enemies: I'm sure you've thought about this and are making plans but many more enemies of different types and behaviors would be cool (like different colored tanks that move in different patterns or fire different types of weapons.

Moving enemies: running around avoiding fire, roaming in circles, etc.

Enemies that fire upon you: I ran the program a couple times and it seemed the tanks didn't really hit me but that's probably something you're working on (you said it was 10% done).

Cool hidden stuff: Also my favorite part of games. Some little hidden things that reward players for looking around or playing the game more than once are really neat.

Rewards for a certain amount of kills without misses or some such.

Anyway there's lots of cool things you could add and are probably already planning.
wow well i had most of that already "in plan" to do anyway can you tell me a way that i can make that i can make the tanks move around randomly and how to make them attack

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-12-2009, 03:46 PM

is no one on????????????

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-13-2009, 12:01 AM

Search for a post by chris101b for an AI example. It's actually almost perfect for what you want.

(')>