Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do I put a camera in an object?
Old
It Is Me

Question How do I put a camera in an object? - 10-11-2009, 09:08 PM

My friend told me this cool thing about putting the camera in a baseball then setting the baseball as a vehicle to an object that you control with the arrow keys. I just can't find how to place the camera in the baseball, anyone know what to do?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-11-2009, 09:13 PM

Actually, there's no reason to put the camera in the baseball unless you are shooting for a baseball's-eye view for cinematic effect. If you just want to control the camera with the arrow keys, add a "let the arrow keys move object" event (the default object will be the camera).

If you want to set the camera inside an object, though, you can always have the camera set point of view to that object (set point of view is found near the bottom of the camera's method list).

Old
It Is Me

Talking 10-11-2009, 10:16 PM

Oh I am controlling a different object with the arrow keys and wanted to have the camera follow the object. That set point of view method worked though, thank you! Because of your help I will be able to keep my grade up. Thank you so much for helping me with both of my questions.

Tags
alice baseball vehicle