Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Resident Penguin
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default Resident Penguin - 10-12-2009, 09:07 PM

This one took a lot of work. I wanted to make a world with one of the models I imported into Alice, so I decided to use one of the imported guns to make "Resident Penguin" (oooooh)!

There's no instructions, so read this before you play:

You're a penguin with a gun, infinite ammo, something to prove, and nothing to lose, so you decide to rid the world of zombies.

Hold 'a' to turn left and 'd' to turn right. Click the mouse button to fire at a zombie (you can hold the mouse button too, but it's slower). The penguin automatically aims at zombies which he's directly looking at (they turn red to show they're targeted).

Have fun with it!

Descriptions
ResidentPenguin1: The first version. Small and simple, yet addicting and fun. Use this if you have a slow machine.
ResidentPenguin2: An experiment to add to RP1. Has more weapons and different camera angles, but unchanged gameplay and SERIOUS lag. Look at this to see what NOT to do when making a game.
ResidentPenguin3.1: The polished result of a weeks worth of work. I'm very proud of it. Has just about everything you can think of
ResidentPenguin3.5: 3.1, but with more levels, an option to play forever, better special effects, and a new enemy.

NEWRP Trophies

3.5, but with trophies and grenades. Good stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w ResidentPenguin1.a2w (4.66 MB, 1026 views)
File Type: a2w ResidentPenguin3.1.a2w (7.04 MB, 638 views)
File Type: a2w ResidentPenguin2.a2w (6.86 MB, 311 views)
File Type: a2w ResidentPenguin3.5.a2w (7.39 MB, 2225 views)

Last edited by x2495iiii; 09-11-2010 at 09:32 PM.

roflmao
Old
DumDum203

Talking roflmao - 10-13-2009, 08:23 AM

lol, dude, that was the most fun i've had all week. loved it. especially the "zombies win" sequence. really, this is amazing. you rock

one thing though: I turned really slowly. I suppose that's necessary, though, to keep it from being too easy.

you should do something like an upgrade screen between levels! you could measure some kind of stat, (not sure how you determine when to go to next level) like #of zombies killed, or accuracy, and use that to give points or money for buying new weapons!

really good game. keep it up, dude

Old
Dameria

Default 10-13-2009, 08:04 PM

Wow! Nice game. Its simple and fun, I like it when the zombie kicks you into the field goal!

Nice job with the light effects on the gun when you shoot. I like how you did all the coding. I do not know how to do all those complex codes. I also like how you had the zombies respawn and I love the red targeting!

I can see this took a lot of time, and you did a really good job.

Old
dubastot

Default 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM

Quite the game you have going there x2495iiii! I like your gun especially.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-16-2009, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the input guys! I'm re-working it right now to try and make it even better! So far I've added four new weapons, three different camera angles, a better targeting system, and I'm working right now on a way to make the enemies smarter.

Old
Jeremytroid

Default 10-16-2009, 07:35 PM

this is really awesome! It's a lot of fun to play

Old
uzack3

Talking 10-23-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Thanks for the input guys! I'm re-working it right now to try and make it even better! So far I've added four new weapons, three different camera angles, a better targeting system, and I'm working right now on a way to make the enemies smarter.
you should also let the penguin move left and right and let him turn a little faster but dude that was awesome!
p.s the first time i played it did nothing but the first level

Had Fun, Great Game
Old
KaiChang

Default Had Fun, Great Game - 11-02-2009, 06:59 PM

Indeed this was a great game.
I liked how the game was fun, entertaining and was a challenge after level 3. (lol)

The only thing I found difficult and I tried to change was the revolutions it turns. It was turning too slow. I figured out later after twitching it that you could make it a little faster without making it TOO fast.

Great game overall, oh and way to stick with the Halloween spirit. (LATE FAIL POST)

Sincerely,
Kai

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 + / -

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-02-2009, 07:33 PM

Thanks, madden. That's a really big compliment from the guy whose games are practically legendary on these forums.

Thanks to you too, Kai. Interestingly it totally slipped my mind that I'd be done around Halloween. I'm not into Halloween stuff, but making this game has been fun, nonetheless. As far as the turning goes, it's SUPPOSED to be slow. Turn too fast, and the game's too easy. Also, you can buy faster turning in the upgrade shop. Also, if the penguin turns too fast, he becaomes FAR less accurate.

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 11-07-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-05-2009, 02:54 AM

Progress report for RP4:

-2 New enemies added! Some of you may recognize a few of the monster models...

-Class weapons (your Beretta is replaced with a unique weapon based on what class you choose)

-2 new classes, Slayer and Bomber (Slayer gets a sword and Bomber gets...well you can probably guess)

-VERY nice special effects (You know how there aren't any good explosions in Alice? There are now...)

-2 words: Boss Fight.

Planned content:
-2 more enemies, maybe 3
-Better weapon purchase menu (shows a picture of the weapon you're looking at)
-More powers
-Button configuration

(')>

Tags
1 of my favs - from arty, 3.6, amazingly brilliant, angry penguin, awesome, bacon, coffee, eggs, epic win, food, game, games, magic beans, model, models, out dated, penguin, resident, shooter, theuperduper youtube, this is awesome isn't it, weapon, weapons, x2495jjjj