Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

alice on macs
Old
Phanatic

Default alice on macs - 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM

i use alice on the macs at my school and there are a bunch of problems that id like to share:

1. if i want to change the properties (# of clipboard, java style, annoying save box time..), they go back to default the next time i start the program up again.

2. opacity is nonexistant, and i think so is lighting

3. just downloaded 2.2 and it is incredibly jumpy, every time i open any kind of drop-down menu the whole screen flashes gray, so annoying that i went back to alice 2.07

4. program usually bugs or eventually crashes with dotogethers anywhere in the event handler box

Old
HisWorld

Default 05-13-2009, 08:05 AM

I'm sorry your having these problems. I dont' have a Mac and can't verify if these problems are consistent for other people.

I do know however than many of the demos for Alice 3.0 coming out maybe this summer were shown on a Mac and I expect the new version to be very compatible with it.

Old
Phanatic

Default 05-18-2009, 08:17 PM

thanks for feedback, but if anyone else is having problems like this it would be nice to know whether they are just ones that i am having.

its good that they will be compatible with macs, i dont own one technically, but my school does. the pc version is great even if it does use a load of ram.

school year is almost over but feedback would be nice even if we dont use alice next year

Thanks to the creators of the program, helped me learn the basics

Old
DrJim

Default 05-21-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic View Post
the pc version is great even if it does use a load of ram.
That is going to be true for any decent 3D animation program, not just Alice. There just is a lot of data involved.

Old
Sophie

Default 06-04-2009, 07:08 PM

Also tried 2.2 on Mac, way too buggy to use, including random flashing screen. I reluctantly went to the PC version, looking forward to 3.0 being stable on mac (the 3.0 beta seems to work stably ... just too incomplete to use :-)

Old
Phanatic

Default 06-05-2009, 07:24 PM

i was hoping for a stable version of 2.2 for mac but it doesnt matter i wont be using alice anymore anyway