Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do I move the middle section of the SnowWoman
Old
FORT

Default How do I move the middle section of the SnowWoman - 04-11-2008, 09:50 AM

So i was trying to move the different sections of the snowwoman at different times, and then have them all end up back together in its original shape. However i found no option to ove the middle section alone, only to move the head, hat and bottom, the move snowwoman option moved all pieces, making ot impossible to put it back together. Anybody know how to fix this?

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 04-11-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORT View Post
So i was trying to move the different sections of the snowwoman at different times, and then have them all end up back together in its original shape. However i found no option to ove the middle section alone, only to move the head, hat and bottom, the move snowwoman option moved all pieces, making ot impossible to put it back together. Anybody know how to fix this?
Move the entire snowwoman to the place where you want the middle to be. Then move the head, bottom, arms, etc., back to their original positions leaving the middle in the new location.

Then reverse the process to put her back together again.

Granted, this is not elegant, but it looks like it is one way to do what you want to do.

Another way to accomplish the same visual effect might be to use two copies of the snowwoman, one intact and the other disassembled. Then use the opacity or isShowing properties to make the different parts visible and invisible at the appropriate points in time.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 04-11-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: grammar error

Old
Lprsti99

Default 04-11-2008, 12:37 PM

You could also try setting the vehicle properties for the other parts to the world.

Old
FORT

Default 04-11-2008, 10:30 PM

thanks so much, that worked perfectly

Old
Lprsti99

Default 04-15-2008, 12:58 PM

No problem, happy to help.