Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

make a list
Old
Dak393

Question make a list - 11-22-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm trying to make a list containing a samurai on a horse the samurai's vehicle is set to the hoarse and when I try to select either the samurai or the horse for the list it doesn't let me.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-22-2009, 05:14 PM

Do you mean the list isn't accepting the addition of ANY new objects, or just those two? To add an object to a list, click the lists's initial value, then click add new item in the wondiw which pops up, then click the <none> value to open a dropdown menu and select the object you want in that spot on the list.

(')>

Old
Dak393

Default 11-22-2009, 05:18 PM

when I select those two it wont allow me to add them as a new object in the window. I selected the spear that the samurai is holding and it will let me use that but both the samurai and the horse are vehicles so I am assuming its not working because of that is there a way to get around this?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-22-2009, 05:59 PM

Not sure what the porblem is. Here's MY list:
Attached Files
File Type: a2w lister world backed up on Noc 22 2009 at 6h56m29s PM.a2w (982.6 KB, 12 views)

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 11-22-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 11-24-2009, 01:03 PM

What are lists really

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Lists are sets of things (I say things because they can be composed of almost anything): variables, colors, directions, objects, and the options go on. These things are stored, like variables, to your computer as part of your program. The difference is that each thing in the list now has an individual number called an index which is based off of it's position in the list and which can be used to call that value when referencing things in the list (like saying "4th item from treelist turn yellow").

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 11-24-2009, 02:10 PM

Ok, thanks

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Akusai

Default 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM

I think your problem is the fact that lists won't accept compound objects, or objects in groups, so if you really want to do it, your would have to drag all of the parts of the samurai and the horse out of the samurai and horse, then add them to the list, and move them back. It's much easier with compound objects to just do if/else statements.

Old
Dak393

Default 11-27-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akusai View Post
I think your problem is the fact that lists won't accept compound objects, or objects in groups, so if you really want to do it, your would have to drag all of the parts of the samurai and the horse out of the samurai and horse, then add them to the list, and move them back. It's much easier with compound objects to just do if/else statements.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I was trying to make a list with an army of mounted samurai (or just samurai) that I could make go across the screen with for all together command.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-27-2009, 06:58 PM

There's really no reason this isn't possible for you. You SHOULD be able to put ANY object into a list, then reference it with a for all together command, regardless of vehicles, subparts, or any other object property (except maybe eventsStopAscending or one of the other mysterious Seldom Used Properties).

(')>

Tags
list, vehicle