Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Flight simulation
Old
Ezra98

Default Flight simulation - 09-12-2010, 11:09 AM

I have the jet, and everything in the environment, i have the 3rd person view for when the world starts, theres just a few things i need help on.

collision/crash for when it runs into tagets or ground
manipulate speed with keyboard buttons
countdown timer + when countdown timer ends the world stops.
bullets + hud for bullets
life bars

also clouds

Last edited by Ezra98; 09-12-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 09-12-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra98 View Post
I have the jet, and everything in the environment, i have the 3rd person view for when the world starts, theres just a few things i need help on.

1. collision/crash for when it runs into tagets or ground
2. manipulate speed with keyboard buttons
3. countdown timer + when countdown timer ends the world stops.
4. bullets + hud for bullets
5. life bars

6. also clouds
Basically, for all these, possibly be more specific, and please upload the world.
I just feel better and work better if I have the thing in front of me.

1. if <plane> distance above <ground> < (less than) 0,
crash method
else
do nothing

2. If you want the plane to constantly move forward, then use a "move at speed" <forward> <x> meters per second. Next, create a number variable called "speed," and drag that in place of <x>. Set "speed" to whatever you want the speed to be (in meters per second). Then for whatever key you're using to make the plane go faster, in that put <speed> set value to <speed> + 1 (or whatever you want the increment to be) duration = (well, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not too long)

3. Make a number variable called "time," set to whatever number of seconds you want the timer to be. Put in a 3D text object. Next a "while" statement (or a loop infinity, whichever you prefer) saying <time> set value to <time> - 1 duration = "1" second. Then, make another while/infinity loop, instead having 3D text set text to (int <time> as a string) as a string (yes, there are two "as a string" things). With this, I assume you're using Alice 2.2.
In terms of getting the world to stop, what do you mean? I could get it to generate an error message and stop the world. Or if you just want all the animation and things like that and show a screen saying GAME OVER or something, create a variable called worldStop, and put all your events/methods in a if "<worldStop> == false" statement. Then, when the timer gets to zero, have <worldStop> set value to <true>, and then show your game over screen.

4. Don't know what you really want by "hud" (what do you want on the hud?), but here's an example of bullet collision: Bullet Collision, by ME!!!

5. I see you're looking at "4 ways to count health".

6. There is a cloud object in the object gallery.

Please answer all my questions, and I'll try to help more.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.