Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Two Problems, Please Help
Old
Immakingagame

Default Two Problems, Please Help - 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM

I'm making an fps on Alice for a future job portfolio, however, although I set the directional pads to control movement, the forward key makes the camera (and in turn character) move to the right.

On the same project I am trying two seperate ways of animating damage, one idea was a health bar that when you clicked on the enemy one of the cubes above the enemy's head would turn red the other was that a certain amount of clicks would kill the enemy. Unfortunately neither of these techniques even seemed to register in the program.

Can anybody help me with this?

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 02-21-2011, 10:01 PM

For the Health Bar. Create a series of boxes one next to the other. Place them above a Terrorist's head manually, because you can't automate this.
Set the vehicle of each box (In the properties tab) to the Terrorist's head. There is a way to get the boxes to line up properly while facing the camera, but I don't quite have the time.

Hypothetically, 0 can be any number.
Events:
When the mouse is clicked on Terrorist #0 Do Increment Number List 'Clicks' Item 0: by 1.
When Number List 'Clicks' changes do Method 'Health Bar'
Method Health Bar -
If Number List 'Clicks' item 0: == 1 is True
Then - Set Box 5 Color to Red
Else - Do Nothing
..And so on and so forth for each box counting backwards until Box 1
If Number List 'Clicks' item 0: == 5 is True
Then - Set Box 1 Color to Red
Terrorist #0: (Unimaginable series of methods that animate the death of said terrorist)
Else - Do Nothing
There is actually a LOT more efficient method of doing this.. But I'd have to spend time on it... and I'd have to upload a world to simplify it... And I just don't want to.

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 02-21-2011 at 10:07 PM.