Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Assignment 4 Done
Old
jbenavides

Post Assignment 4 Done - 02-13-2015, 02:15 PM

I've completed assignment 4. A turtle is alone one a tiny island with a palm tree.

He sings a Boom Boom song and does a flip when he jumps around.

I had issues with the scene getting dark when the say bubbles popped up on the screen

ITSE-1429_RL_reply
Old
WindowsManic

Default ITSE-1429_RL_reply - 02-14-2015, 10:02 AM

I think the hardest part for me was making my people move and making the text react the way we wanted it to. To make this assignment easier, I used the while loop to make my character move for a certain period of time. I don't really enjoy using the Loop statement in Alice unless its the while loop. I don't think Alice has a for loop but I could be wrong. This assignment was pretty tough for me. At least I finally figured out how to make character look like they are walking. To make it look realistic will require more functions. That's the only thing I wish I did. Make functions for the walking.If this was C++ instead, I think it would of been easier to do that. I want to make a function that both my characters can use.However, Alice parameters wants me to point to a specific characters objects instead of writing one function that I can call to make both my characters use through filling in parameters.

There is "Almost" Always a way to get what you want
Old
MrMoke

Default There is "Almost" Always a way to get what you want - 02-14-2015, 02:05 PM

I will let you embellish

FWIW- You can use lists too, which adds "for all together" and " for all in order" to the mix.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w ArmWaverArray.a2w (1.93 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by MrMoke; 02-14-2015 at 02:54 PM.