Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Simple Flight Sim
Old
dovin

Default Simple Flight Sim - 07-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Hey guys,
So fresh from Alice's tutorials, I decided to flesh out the flight sim a little that is included as a demo world. Some things i'd love help with:
-making text diplay in front of the camera. I want to make a speedometer, but just getting any type of text in front of the camera would be cool.
-making a simple gravity function. I want the plane to level out slowly when one wing is higher than the other (simple gravity). I've tried putting objects on the ends of the wings and vehicle-ing them to the airplane, then making a couple IF/ELSE functions where if one is higher than the other, it tells the plane to turn the other way. This should work, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 07-14-2009, 09:05 PM

To have text in front of the screen you move it to the desired location in front of the camera, then vehicle it to the camera.

For a speedometer you could make a object varible attached to the plane and tell it to display the current speed as a sting. (I haven't tried this but it makes sense in theory)

This is a gravity demonsation that could get you started (it is not mine):
http://www.alice.org/community/attac...9&d=1208761336

Old
dubastot

Default 07-16-2009, 11:22 AM

I don't get the gravity demo at all, I have been looking at it for about 2 weeks now, but still don't get it.

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 10-31-2009, 10:18 PM

yehh me either.