Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Rts game Questions
Old
Mr.Nipps

Question Rts game Questions - 04-14-2010, 08:22 PM

*I am Making an Rts game, but i don't know how to move units around without using a, When mouse clicks and holds on (units) and drags them around?

*Also how can i program opposite AI player to counter or play against me or someone else playing that can adapt?

-(to me personally it is not the right way to have an Rts game played by moving the units dragged around; And i feel like i am asking to much on the AI part lol)-

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 04-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nipps View Post
*I am Making an Rts game, but i don't know how to move units around without using a, When mouse clicks and holds on (units) and drags them around?

*Also how can i program opposite AI player to counter or play against me or someone else playing that can adapt?

-(to me personally it is not the right way to have an Rts game played by moving the units dragged around; And i feel like i am asking to much on the AI part lol)-
What you need is a sytem to recognize where the mouse clicked. You would then make it leave a dummy where you clicked and the unit you just clicked on move to the dummy.

Old
Mr.Nipps

Default 04-14-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gamer(gorit) View Post
What you need is a sytem to recognize where the mouse clicked. You would then make it leave a dummy where you clicked and the unit you just clicked on move to the dummy.
Thank you and i'll try that, i'll tell you how that goes

Old
jediaction

Default 04-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Well, im working on an RTS to. I posted an example a couple of weeks ago but i'm stiuck where you are. You can move some spots, try it
http://wikisend.com/download/439968/RateQuote.rar

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Mortgage FL

Default 08-23-2011, 04:18 AM

In these days I am making an Rts game and hope this will more help for me. thank you, I will soon post my game in here.

http://allaboutweightloss.org/weight-loss-diet/no-white-diet

Last edited by Mortgage FL; 09-01-2011 at 10:30 PM.