Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Remove a parameter from method call
Old
mlandis

Default Remove a parameter from method call - 08-03-2009, 09:47 AM

I am not sure that these are even called parameters, but if I have a statement like this:

[ fred ] move [ up ] [ 1 meter ] [ asSeenBy=martha ] [more....]

How do I remove the "asSeenBy" item from the statement using the interface? Right clicking and choosing "delete" seems like an obvious choice but that isn't there.

And... what are these things called exactly in Alice? Are they called 'parameters'? It seems to me that they are, in an intuitive sense, named options in a message, implying message-passing based language design.

An Alice manual would be rather helpful... Or a wiki that works like a manual would be cool too.

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 08-03-2009, 10:48 AM

I think if that is the only time then just bring in a new command and erase the old one. I don't know what they are called They are probably parameters. Dick Baldwin has some good tutorials.

Old
Niteshifter

Default 08-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Yes, they are called parameters. They can also be called arguments as well.

The only way I could think of to remove that is to remove the entire method and put it in again without the parameter/argument that you want removed.

Old
hhamilton

Default 08-04-2009, 06:08 PM

Can these parameters be removed from the source code so they don't appear at all? If so where is that source code hiding. I've looked for it, specifically in Storytelling Alice.