Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Detect click on object in array?
Old
CraigGraham

Default Detect click on object in array? - 10-31-2011, 02:22 PM

In Alice2.2, after creating an array or list of "bad guy" objects, is there a way to detect mouse clicks over a member of the array rather than having to add a "when mouse is clicked on.." event by hand for every "bad guy" object?

I'd like to be able to have things coming towards the camera and be able to bash them back by clicking them with the mouse, and then be able to add more as time goes on.

I can do this in Alice3 (though not add more objects on the fly- but there's ways round that) but the lack of documentation and examples prompted me to drop to 2.2 where I can't seem to do any event binding via a forAll loop and fall at the first hurdle.

Old
dakota95

Cool 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM

I've tryed a lot of different ways but I cannot get it to work. The way that I normally do it is I just have individual ones. If you are wanting the guys to do something after you click on them, then what I suggest would be to make what you want the first guy to do and then copy it into all of the other guys. So just make methods for each guy and copy from one guy to the next.