Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

ferris wheel stopping and starting with a button
Old
wickershins

Default ferris wheel stopping and starting with a button - 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM

i can get it to start but i have no clue how to get it to stop. the file is attached. i'm taking an online course and it's only a month long and it's been really difficult learning everything so far but right now i have been trying for over 40 minutes and it seems impossible. please help! thank you!!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w ugh.a2w (297.0 KB, 11 views)

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM

Your problem is with the ferrisWheel.spins method.
Once you enter that infinite loop you are stuck there until it ends. You do not need a loop at all because the while ... event will continue to call the new spin method as long as the switch is green (or it will as soon as you move it to the during part of the statement.)

Other observations:
1. Delete the "lightSwitch.turn on" method, sooner or later you will use it by accedent and it will take hours to figure out why your movie no longer works.

2. (Pet Peeve) in "lightSwitch.turnOn" there is no need for the second if statement. The switch will be either green or red and if you already established its not green, there is no need to test if it is red.

Mark