Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Old
meirs

Default 01-26-2010, 04:16 AM

Martina,

I sure will inform you once I have a German translation, and will be glad to have you reviewed it.

Thank you for the feedback,
Meir

New build for Mama
Old
meirs

Default New build for Mama - 01-26-2010, 11:06 AM

Hi
I have fixed the import errors, the problem was with the compiled resources, I only had to recompile and attach the resources. I put a new build for Mama, available for download (it has the same version number).

Simply uninstall your current Mama version and install the new one (this does not affect license status).

x2495iiii - with this new fix you should be able to import and run RP3.5.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues,
regards,
Meir

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-26-2010, 11:22 AM

Excellent, I'll give it a shot now!

(')>

Old
lanceA

Default 01-26-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirs View Post
Hi
I have fixed the import errors, the problem was with the compiled resources, I only had to recompile and attach the resources. I put a new build for Mama, available for download (it has the same version number).

Simply uninstall your current Mama version and install the new one (this does not affect license status).

x2495iiii - with this new fix you should be able to import and run RP3.5.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues,
regards,
Meir
Meir,
To insure I have the latest version I wanted to download new copies of both the English and Hebrew version. Using Win-7's Uninstall Programs application I uninstalled the Hebrew version. However, for some reason the English version is not listed in the Uninstall Programs application.

Is it safe to assume that I can simply delete the folder and any Desktop icons and then download again and install?

Thanks for your input,

Old
meirs

Default 01-27-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
Is it safe to assume that I can simply delete the folder and any Desktop icons and then download again and install?

Thanks for your input,
Sure, there should be no problem (actually even reinstalling Mama without first uninstalling old version should work fine), although it is a little weird: did you have a separate folder for the English and Hebrew versions? if so, inside the English version, under the root folder (e.g. "Program Files/MamaEn") do you see the uninstall.exe file? if you do, simply click on it. Otherwise, a simple delete and reinstall should work fine.

Old
lanceA

Default 01-30-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
Let me know if you have problems with the two ALICE 2.0 worlds that I sent you, meirs.
Meir in response to your request, you have permission to post Ajax on your web site. I'm sending you a separate email with the particulars.

Good luck,
lanceA

Last edited by lanceA; 01-30-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Translate to Norwegian
Old
larslem

Default Translate to Norwegian - 02-03-2010, 04:51 AM

Is it possible for me to translate the english version to norwegian after I have downloaded it? I don't expect you to translate it, ever.

Lars

Old
meirs

Default 02-03-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larslem View Post
Is it possible for me to translate the english version to norwegian after I have downloaded it? I don't expect you to translate it, ever.

Lars
Hi Lars
Why not? my intention was from the first place to translate it to any language existing on earth, though it won't be among the first ones. And regarding your propose to do the translation - it is not that simple, a translation to another language requires rebuilding the compiler (the Mama compiler), and for that the source files are needed (actually, also needed are the JavaCC - the compiler-compiler - source files). However, I'll be glad to use your help once it will be relevant, if that's OK with you.
thank you,
Meir

Old
larslem

Default 02-03-2010, 05:56 AM

Could you send me the source files for me to translate them and I could return the for you to recompile? Or have you put some restrictions on distributing the source? Norwegian is a language spoken by very few(5 million), and should probably not be prioritized.

Lars

Old
jediaction

Default 02-03-2010, 07:27 AM

SO many people are commenting. I am like backing away from this thread, is this about the translating. I remember like 2 months ago when this thread was not full of comments

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames