Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Text bubbles?
Old
Lilpuppy2

Question Text bubbles? - 03-06-2011, 08:41 PM

Hi I installed Storytelling alice on another computer so my sister could use it but whenever she played her story, the text bubbles were facing so other direction or appeared a couple inches away from them. Connected to that, the wrong characters were saying the text bubbles... Does anyone know what's wrong? The only difference I noticed was that it's alice.exe and mine is just alice. Thanks for any help

Old
David B

Default 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpuppy2 View Post
Hi I installed Storytelling alice on another computer so my sister could use it but whenever she played her story, the text bubbles were facing so other direction or appeared a couple inches away from them. Connected to that, the wrong characters were saying the text bubbles... Does anyone know what's wrong? The only difference I noticed was that it's alice.exe and mine is just alice. Thanks for any help
Sorry, but I found this post very confusing. Does this confuse anybody else other than me?

Old
Lilpuppy2

Default 03-07-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
Sorry, but I found this post very confusing. Does this confuse anybody else other than me?
Like if she drags Kayla say ... And then types in hi then it will show up as Trevor saying it when it's played back

Old
David B

Default 03-07-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Like if she drags Kayla say ... And then types in hi then it will show up as Trevor saying it when it's played back
Okay. I am sorry, but I can't help you with this problem unless you upload it and let me take a look at the code.

However, the speech bubbles are a wierd thing. When you are playing a world with speech bubbles, and you resize the screen while it was playing, the speech bubbles don't detect the screen resize, and they will show up pointing to nobody because the speech bubbles didn't re-format there location. If you want to resize a world with speech bubbles, play the world, hit pause, resize the player, and click restart.

I hope this information helped, and is not too inaccurate. I am not sure if everybody has a problem with the speech bubble formating, but I do, and this post is based off of what I know. If this isn't the problem, please upload it, and I will gladly take a look at your code.

Old
Lilpuppy2

Default 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
Okay. I am sorry, but I can't help you with this problem unless you upload it and let me take a look at the code.

However, the speech bubbles are a wierd thing. When you are playing a world with speech bubbles, and you resize the screen while it was playing, the speech bubbles don't detect the screen resize, and they will show up pointing to nobody because the speech bubbles didn't re-format there location. If you want to resize a world with speech bubbles, play the world, hit pause, resize the player, and click restart.

I hope this information helped, and is not too inaccurate. I am not sure if everybody has a problem with the speech bubble formating, but I do, and this post is based off of what I know. If this isn't the problem, please upload it, and I will gladly take a look at your code.

Oh, yeah i guess she made the screen way bigger so i did what you said and made it normal size. Thanks so much!

Old
David B

Default 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Oh, yeah i guess she made the screen way bigger so i did what you said and made it normal size. Thanks so much!
So it worked? That was the problem? I seriously didn't think that was the problem, but I thought it may be helpful to you later, even if it isn't helpful now!

Old
rock

Default 03-09-2011, 04:16 AM

i think alice is best.. in it lillpupppy.. i dunt think that it should appear well may b if you can reinstall it then it can b better..

Old
rock

Default 03-09-2011, 04:18 AM

and little it can never be a issue... that it is showing alice.exe and you are having just alince..