Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

New user needs a bit of help
Old
aus-stretch

Default New user needs a bit of help - 12-04-2006, 06:44 PM

Hello to all.

Firstly I must say that I have only just found Alice, and am loving the ease of use by way of the simple interface ect.

Just a quick couple of questions though.
1. I create a short animation and try to Export Movie and get a message "export movie has not been implimented yet" or words to that effect.
Is that normal? how do I save and share my animations in a format such as avi ect.

2. I have no 3d modeling expertice at all and am trying to get animation characters for an animated rock band. Any ideas where I can get or make these characters easily enough. need guitarist, bass player drummer and singer.

Any help or advice greatfully recieved.

i am new has well
Old
javamanlite

Default i am new has well - 12-11-2006, 02:10 PM

however I did find a he/she builder in the people part of the gallery. I have yet to try it myself but that might solve at least one of your problems. has for the other I am sorry to say that I have no idea how to export your animations.

Movie options
Old
DrJim

Default Movie options - 12-11-2006, 06:12 PM

The Export Movie command doesn't work. For other options see http://www.alice.org/community/showt...hp?p=27#post27 - also do a search of the forum for "video" or "movie".

Lots of characters can be used for band members - look at the movie Guitar
Villians that was just posted today for one example.

Note: Apparently the above link is out of date - try http://www.alice.org/community/showt...ighlight=video

Last edited by DrJim; 12-12-2006 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Corrected URL