Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

ITSE-1429: Assignment 4
Old
Todd Thompson

Default ITSE-1429: Assignment 4 - 02-15-2012, 04:42 AM

For this assignment we had to write a textual storyboard for any scene we wished to create in Alice. The requirements were that we had to have the character(s) sing a silly song and have a character jump up a random distance.

Using the Snow template, I created a winter wonderland scene with a background of pine trees. In the middle foreground were the Snowman on the right and a Snow Lady on the left with a penguin next to each snow person on the outside. After introductions, the man and woman trade off singing the different verses and the penguins split up of the chorus while jumping into the air and executing a sort of a flip in mid-air.

Creating the world was fun and I like how you can set the starting position and pose of each character when you add them to the world. Right-clicking on an object lets you access the objects methods. You can change the position of arms, legs, entire bodies, whatever. You can also change properties like opacity or color.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w assign4.a2w (1.75 MB, 22 views)

Last edited by Todd Thompson; 02-15-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Old
bfry

Default 02-16-2012, 08:20 PM

Awesome job man! Mine's nothing remotely close to that good.

I'm really impressed with all the movements the characters made -- especially the penguin flips. The only issue I saw was how there were odd characters in some of the lyrics. I don't know if that's a glitch or if you were trying to include characters Alice doesn't recognize.

Kudos for your hard work on that assignment!

Old
Todd Thompson

Default 02-17-2012, 01:15 AM

Thanks, Buenny. That's interesting about the odd characters in the dialog. They don't show up when I view it on my mac but thanks for letting me know about it. I copied and pasted the lyrics from the assignment, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Wow! Good Job on using multiple characters!
Old
fskeith2000

Default Wow! Good Job on using multiple characters! - 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Thompson View Post
For this assignment we had to write a textual storyboard for any scene we wished to create in Alice. The requirements were that we had to have the character(s) sing a silly song and have a character jump up a random distance.

Using the Snow template, I created a winter wonderland scene with a background of pine trees. In the middle foreground were the Snowman on the right and a Snow Lady on the left with a penguin next to each snow person on the outside. After introductions, the man and woman trade off singing the different verses and the penguins split up of the chorus while jumping into the air and executing a sort of a flip in mid-air.

Creating the world was fun and I like how you can set the starting position and pose of each character when you add them to the world. Right-clicking on an object lets you access the objects methods. You can change the position of arms, legs, entire bodies, whatever. You can also change properties like opacity or color.
Wow! Good Job on using multiple characters!

Assignment 4 Was Cool!
Old
fskeith2000

Default Assignment 4 Was Cool! - 02-26-2012, 08:33 PM

This assignment was challenging, but I had fun being creative. I tripped up on how to use the random number function, but I figured it out. I've added another action for my character to do after the hook of the song. So the character jumps while he sings the song and spins around and throws his bucket into the air after the hook. I've implemented this action into the method BoomBoom.

Old
Todd Thompson

Default 02-27-2012, 04:55 AM

Thanks! I probably went a bit overboard, given the assignment requirements, but Alice is a really fun environment to experiment in and I just kept going.