Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Old
DrJim

Default 06-16-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
...create a new scene in Alice 3.0[/I][/U] " ? What does this mean?
I had assumed (which is always dangerous) that the question refered to what you are trying to do, namely create a new "this (aka scene)" with different lights, ground, object instances, etc.

Old
cawashburn

Default 06-16-2009, 09:35 AM

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about - in Storytelling Alice, you can click on "Create New Scene", which brings up a new Method window and you can add a different background, characters, tripods etc. After you finish adding in the action for the new scene, you can add the "method" or scene that you just created to the bottom of the World.scene1.method and it will run after scene 1 is over.

I can't find anywhere in Alice 3.0 that allows me to create a new scene - but maybe it's called something else. It did take me quite awhile to figure out that I needed to create a new procedure to make a new method. Ugh... I just got used to Alice 2.2 syntax - if Alice 3.0 didn't have so many neat features, it wouldn't bother me, but I really want the kids to be able to use 3.0. The Sims characters and actions are a huge draw for them and has generated a lot of excitement.

Alice3 Multiple Scenes Coming Soon(ish)
Old
Dennis Cosgrove
Alice Developer

Default Alice3 Multiple Scenes Coming Soon(ish) - 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM

Supporting multiple scenes is in the plans for Alice3's future. I do not have an estimate for you on when it will make it in but it is definitely a desirable feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawashburn View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about - in Storytelling Alice, you can click on "Create New Scene", which brings up a new Method window and you can add a different background, characters, tripods etc. After you finish adding in the action for the new scene, you can add the "method" or scene that you just created to the bottom of the World.scene1.method and it will run after scene 1 is over.

I can't find anywhere in Alice 3.0 that allows me to create a new scene - but maybe it's called something else. It did take me quite awhile to figure out that I needed to create a new procedure to make a new method. Ugh... I just got used to Alice 2.2 syntax - if Alice 3.0 didn't have so many neat features, it wouldn't bother me, but I really want the kids to be able to use 3.0. The Sims characters and actions are a huge draw for them and has generated a lot of excitement.

Choosing a "number" versus "integer"
Old
zwhitlock

Unhappy Choosing a "number" versus "integer" - 02-11-2010, 11:34 PM

I really would like to create some functions and parameters, but they require numbers that may include decimals as well. And from what I've noticed, there is only the integer option available, which does not allow things such as 3.14 to be entered.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-12-2010, 01:36 AM

You can select whatever value for a number variable you want by clicking the "Other..." option at the bottom of the popup menu that appears when you click it.

(')>