Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Walking People don't seem to walk smoothly
Old
jojo71

Question Walking People don't seem to walk smoothly - 08-11-2010, 07:45 PM

Just wondering if there is a way to get the walking people, when walking in a loop, to walk more smoothly. It seems they take a couple of steps, then stop, then take a couple more steps, then stop. Not a very *natural* looking walk at all (almost looks like they're walking down an aisle to be married lol). Is there a way to fix this? TIA!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-12-2010, 03:23 AM

There is, but it requires a bit of work. You have to alter the walk method to have the character make a half step from the standing position, then loop as many times as you desire, then get back into the standing position. The motions and durations necessary should be included in the walk method, you just have to add to and rearrange them properly.

Yikes...
Old
jojo71

Default Yikes... - 08-12-2010, 12:42 PM

What a challenge that will be (newbie here)! Thanks for the info though...I'll give it a try!

Help
Old
debussybunny563

Arrow Help - 08-12-2010, 09:32 PM

If you tell me what specific characters you are planning on using, I might be able to change their walks for you if I have time.

BTW, I noticed that too. By setting walk Howfar, you only set how far the character is going to move. No matter what value you set it to, the person always takes two steps.

Old
alevon

Question 09-16-2010, 06:08 AM

Is there any "Walking People" character that has continuous steps?

If there is not;

@debussybunny563 can you please change for example coach objects walk method.. It may be a model for the other walking people characters.

He is walking
Old
alevon

Thumbs up He is walking - 09-17-2010, 02:25 AM

I found the person builder, build a character and then tell him to walk. Yes, his walking style is good - Which I was searching for - Thanks for the idea..

Now the problem is; he is going nowhere.. Just standing and showing his walking ability.

Then I tried to use the walk method with move forward in a DoTogether statement. And here we go, he is walking smoothly.

The problem is solved anyway