Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 3
Old
rkhorn

Thumbs up Assignment 3 - 12-14-2017, 10:42 PM

The assignment I worked on today stumped me at first, especially moving multiple parts of an object while keeping orientation with other parts of the object, but I went back and looked at some of the custom methods used in the examples and things finally clicked. My mummy can can-can like a boss now.

Methods in Alice
Old
AguiJu

Default Methods in Alice - 12-14-2017, 11:21 PM

Omg were you able to get him to walk? I had so much trouble!! That's awesome you figured it out though I'm happy for you!

Old
jkidd

Default 06-15-2018, 01:34 AM

I had trouble making my mummy walk too, so instead, I made him drag from side to side while moving toward the Pharaoh!

jkidd

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 06-15-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguiJu View Post
Omg were you able to get him to walk? I had so much trouble!! That's awesome you figured it out though I'm happy for you!
making a figure walk is a matter of turning or rolling its legs, or parts thereof, while the whole figure moves forward. Two hints:
  1. when a step is done the leg needs to be back where it started realitive to the figure.
  2. Don't move the leg or other subparts as they will become disconnected from the figure.
Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

assign 3
Old
jlshousley

Default assign 3 - 06-15-2018, 03:31 PM

I had my original #3 kicked back to me because I wasn't having the mummy walk forward. It was just floating forward. I had a hard time getting the mummy to walk too. Eventually, it helped that I had started assignment 4 because that talked about storyboarding it first. That idea (and youtube tutorials) helped me figure it out---I hope.