Old
yaya

Wink How long do you take to be a good Alice animator>> - 11-07-2010, 08:20 AM

Just asking.

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 11-07-2010, 08:22 AM

Foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
Akira101

Default 11-08-2010, 02:45 PM

I depends on your skill, and how fast you catch on, but leaning to be a good animator also means you definition of "good" but i say about 4-6 months, just need to know how to put it together.

Last edited by Akira101; 11-08-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

As Akira said, it really depends on the person and also your perception of "good."

But, you'll find that you keep on getting better and better as you go on, and it can take a long time before you reach a peak (if there is one ).

Fortunately, Alice is easier to work with than most other programs (besides the bugs). The longer you stay with Alice, the more quirks you'll discover.

EDIT: Whoa, close to 666th post. 0_o
Think I'm gonna chill for a bit before that happens. 0_o

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
JeSukC

Default 03-22-2011, 03:17 PM

I'd like to comment on what your definition of "good" is. However, I will explain what I consider to be a good animator. The movements should be fluid like a real human. Your ability to animate Alice characters to this extent can take years.

To the comment made from one of the previous posters: It is essential to be efficient and good at something in Alice. It can be only coding, if not also animation. For me, I code the program and let my team mates animate the characters. Competitions with like 2 hour limit require an efficient programmer who is very good at what they do and teammates who are creative and can animate objects easily.

Old
reuben2011

Default 03-22-2011, 07:20 PM

Yes, it always seems that people either lean one way or the other when it comes to programming vs animation.

Projects
-Escape the Kitchen
-That ninja animation
-Hill Collision

Upcoming Projects
-Some penguin adventure game?

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 03-22-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben2011 View Post
Yes, it always seems that people either lean one way or the other when it comes to programming vs animation.
Meh. I kinda lean both ways (if that's possible), but animating can be a pain in the butt to get right sometimes. Coding can also be a pain cuz Alice isn't the most reliable program in the world.

I have a very slight preference for coding, I guess.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 03-22-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: BTW, u have 199 posts... ; ) And also, I SEE YOU DAMERIA =)

Old
reuben2011

Default 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post

Meh. I kinda lean both ways (if that's possible), but animating can be a pain in the butt to get right sometimes. Coding can also be a pain cuz Alice isn't the most reliable program in the world.

I have a very slight preference for coding, I guess.
I would love to see you lean, considering you have the ability to lean in multiple directions. lol

I typically lean towards the whole programming and coding aspect, my animations are either (1) junk or (2) take me forever to make it decent looking.

Projects
-Escape the Kitchen
-That ninja animation
-Hill Collision

Upcoming Projects
-Some penguin adventure game?

Old
David B

Default 03-22-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben2011 View Post
I would love to see you lean, considering you have the ability to lean in multiple directions. lol
To do that, you would have to split yourself in half.

Old
jediaction

Default 03-30-2011, 11:56 AM

A lot of users say that my animations are amazing. I have been doing animations for a while but when I started, they werent as good. I just used techniques that looked really good. My AA-12 reload animation I think is my best gun animation. I just looked at Modern Warfare 2 gun reloading and studied the way they looked then re-created in alice. I think it goes both ways for If you to animation for a long time and if your just a natural. I also spend a lot of time doing little bitsy projects of Animation. SO what I am trying to say is, If you do animation for a while, you will realize if something doesnt look right or not, and if you are just a natural, that will come fast!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Tags
animator alice