Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Well, if he shows good faith effort, I'll help. If not I won't. Simple as that.

By the way, I am still working on RP4. I've been spread a little thin lately, with midterms in college and my new job (yay job!), but I'm still making progress.

(')>

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-26-2009, 11:17 AM

Alrighty, it's about time for another progress report. I'll go ahead and tell you what powers I have added right now. There are a few I don't know where to put, like which class matches it the best. What do you guys think?

-Doppelganger: a zombie kicks you, but gets filled with kunai instead of winning
-Freeze Time: the world gets iced over and time freezes. Doesn't affect the big one
-Quickdraw: Go into first person mode and click as many zombies as you can (the mouse moves the camera). At the end of quickdraw, the penguin automatically blasts each of the targets in order
-Sniper: Go into a first-person, point-and-click sniper rifle mode. Very lethal if you know how to use it.
-Spin Attack: Alright, this one's kinda silly and obvious, but you get a sword and you spin, KO'ing the zombies around you

I just yesterday finished coding for a spider enemy which drops from the top of the screen on a web, then crawls towards you and paralyzes you for 2 seconds.

Here are my plans for extra powers:
-Mid-air Raid: You throw a bomb in the air and try to click it before it falls. If you get it, it hurts all enemies onscreen. If you don't, it hurts only a few. Usable twice a level
-Death Blossom: If you have bullet time, activate it, then activate this power. The penguin will go into a firing frenzy which will take up a large amount of bullet time power, but has a high chance of hitting everything onscreen.
-Assassinate: Penguin teleports behind three random enemies and auto-KO's them (can work on the big one).
-Air Raid: Paint a target, then watch as it and anything near it gets blown up
-Counterstrike: (This one'll be tough to code) if a zombie has reared back to kick you, activate this power. It'll save you, and generate a damaging energy wave in front of you

So here's my question: What kind of power would a Blaster (laser expert) have? I was thinking I could give it the Freeze Time, like Megaman had in one of the original games, but then what else could it have (remember each class gets two powers, one which comes with the class and one which can be bought)? Maybe it could charge the Shining Spreader faster or something? I'm seriously drawing a blank.

Now, finally, I said I'd be including some neat explosion effects in RP4. I've included one such effect at the bottom of this post (I have lots more, but I'll release them when RP4 is complete).

Back to work for me!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Splosion.a2w (232.4 KB, 125 views)

(')>

Old
fatdu4

Default 11-27-2009, 09:06 AM

LOL that was great fun and the ending is priceless. GREAT WORK!

Old
jediaction

Default 11-27-2009, 01:59 PM

Cool explosion, just asking is that it. Just the explosion, not saying that there is anything wrong i was just wondering because all teh comments say there is like something else

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-27-2009, 03:29 PM

On, no THAT'S not RP4, that's just a demo of one of the special effects I made specially for the game. It's an explosion I made in a similar way to the smoke and fireAnimation in the Special Effects gallery.

RP4's on it's way, though.

(')>

Old
zarfang8

Default 11-28-2009, 10:25 AM

my favortie upgrade is repel! I thought of two upgrades you might consider, I know you probably have you're hands full, but they might intrest you. one could be where the clouds all shoot giant lightning bolts that destroy all the zombies they touch! You could also make one where the zombies all slow way down for 1 second for some points, which you could buy in the pause menu.
Just an idea.

For the Blaster, maybe it could supercharge all Laser weapons, like the M16, Shining Lance, and Shining spreader?

By the Way, I added 2 pictures that could be used as some kind of title or cover. One has the Words Resident Penguin, One is For adding you're own text if you want to use them and you don't like the look of the words. hope you like them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture02.jpg (20.7 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg capture01.jpg (19.2 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by zarfang8; 11-29-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Old
Dameria

Default 11-28-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarfang8 View Post
about seeing the zombies after you lose, you could also Try The EventsStopEscending, just to see if it works. Sometimes that helps you that when the light shines right, You can't see them there, even if they are 0% Opaque, I wonder if it would work!
He said that he left that in there on purpose. I guess if he really wanted to fix it he could just add to the ending method to turn all zombies IsShowing = false

Old
zarfang8

Default 11-28-2009, 02:02 PM

I love The new weapons! That was awesome! I Think When You publish RP4, It might be good to have it on a new post, (10 pages on this one, WOW!)

Is yout avatar Just the Penguin With The Ambientlightbrighness and Light To 0? Or do you make the penguin and the gun black?

Last edited by zarfang8; 12-02-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-29-2009, 06:29 PM

Yeah I thought that bug was funny, so I left it in there.

The lightning idea's kinda cool. Maybe I could think of something I could do with that, thanks.

As for slowing down, there's already a bullet-time power and there will be a freeze-time power. I don't see how adding another slowdown power could help.

I really like the pictures you made, those are neat. You know I actually made my avatar by messing around with RP1. I also made a few pictures for an album on my user profile, but I haven't finished it.

(')>

Old
dubastot

Default 11-29-2009, 06:57 PM

Your avatar is really something different. It reminds me of James Bond except its a penguin.

Tags
1 of my favs - from arty, 3.6, amazingly brilliant, angry penguin, awesome, bacon, coffee, eggs, epic win, food, game, games, magic beans, model, models, out dated, penguin, resident, shooter, theuperduper youtube, this is awesome isn't it, weapon, weapons, x2495jjjj