Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

View Poll Results: Is this a good game (so far and remembering that there will be much more to come)
Epic Fail 2 28.57%
Fail 0 0%
Bad 0 0%
Ok 1 14.29%
Good 2 28.57%
Awesome 1 14.29%
Epicly Awesome 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Constructive Criticism on RPG
Old
8lakester

Thumbs up Constructive Criticism on RPG - 12-15-2010, 04:09 PM

So, basically I am working on my first game (started using Alice like 1 or 2 weeks ago and Ive never scripted before except maybe a lava script or changing the distance or damage or something in ROBLOX) and it is an RPG. So far there is 1 and a couple sentences quests yet, an inventory, a couple weapons. One bug that I cannot understand so far: y does the black knight always expand into a random looking weird thing when u use the inventory?
Hello everyone!

Other things you should know:
At the present time, the wizard quest will not work, he may say a few things, but that is it.
The inventory will drop down if you click on the little black arrow and will go up if u press it again.

And I like constructive criticism... remember that the best kind of friend is the one that criticizes!

I will be posting larger updates to this game here when they are done.

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION NOTEPAD DOCUMENT BEFORE PLAYING!
you are free to use ideas and models, textures, etc. that u find in my game as long as u quote me.

Thanks,
8lakester

'For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?' Mr Bennet, Pride and Prejudice
Attached Files
File Type: zip RpgGame.ZIP (17.05 MB, 35 views)

Old
SirThorfinn

Default 12-16-2010, 10:33 AM

I would say this has some good potential, i think the health bar could be bigger and i couldn't seem to get on the horse, the lion quest worked but i couldn't get the potion keeper to give me a quest even though he said "Or are you looking for a quest?" and the knights arm seemed to move out of place over time every time you swing. Your inventory drop down is really cool and works well.

/|..__________________/\_
/ `---___________----_____|]-------<BLAM>------>
/_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

<Youtube Page> (Not much there but maybe something you'll like) http://www.youtube.com/user/SirThorfinn?feature=mhum
<Xbox Live Gamertag> SirThorfinn

-----Friend of Thor-------------------------------------------
-----Spartans NEVER Die------------------------------------
All most anything on SirThorfinn is me... Almost.

Yay
Old
8lakester

Lightbulb Yay - 12-16-2010, 10:49 AM

lol, thanks!
1, health bar: so u think i shud make it so u have more health?
2, potion keeper's quest: I am in the process of making that work, there have been inumerable bugs that i am trying to fix in the making of the quest so i thot i shud just post it without it and then update it later. however it is almost done (thank god )
3, horse: the reward for completing the potion keeper's quest will be that the model will change to a horse that is saddled and u will be able to ride it then....

thanks about the inventory... lol, that is the biggeset bug imaginable rite now and occupies most of my day trying to fix some gliches in it lol

fogot!
Old
8lakester

Question fogot! - 12-16-2010, 10:51 AM

lol, i forgot to say about the arm moving out of place... ya i no... It is because I added a roll to make it look more realistic (which it does trust me) but it cant seem to get back to the rite place no matter wat i do so i just left it for now lol. maybe ill go back and fix it wen i have a bunch more stuff fixed...

Old
SirThorfinn

Default 12-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakester View Post
lol, i forgot to say about the arm moving out of place... ya i no... It is because I added a roll to make it look more realistic (which it does trust me) but it cant seem to get back to the rite place no matter wat i do so i just left it for now lol. maybe ill go back and fix it wen i have a bunch more stuff fixed...
You could add a dummy to you knight on his arm and set its vehicle to the whole knight then have you arm set its point of view back to it after it swings.

Health: i thought that the lion hurt me to much before i could kill it so it was kinda hard. oh and the bow the guy gives me doesn't shoot arrow if it can.

), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

<Youtube Page> (Not much there but maybe something you'll like) http://www.youtube.com/user/SirThorfinn?feature=mhum

Old
8lakester

Default 12-16-2010, 01:47 PM

o, ok good idea about the knight's arm. ill try that... and i still havent made it so the bow shoots... ill do that after im done the quest im doin rite now. and the lion is supposed to be hard... it is a quest lol. not a free thing if u do it rite, the lion hurts u twice... how much did it hurt u? but i have been thinking about making it so u have 10 blocks(made smaller) because there will be places were u have to kill more than one guy at a time and it will be annoying if u only have 5 blocks...

Old
SirThorfinn

Default 12-16-2010, 01:56 PM

it hurt be like 2 blocks a second

), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

Old
8lakester

Default 12-16-2010, 04:47 PM

lol, kk... ill try and fix that a bit...

Old
jediaction

Default 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Well, doesnt look like you need my help now.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
8lakester

Default 12-16-2010, 09:42 PM

lol, ya it sorted itself out after i uploaded it lol

but i actually wud like ur help on another topic (this one wont sort itself out)... or anyones for that matter...

basically, i have this set up so that if u chop dwn one of the trees (only 5 are able to be chopped dwn, then one of the inventory things changes texture to a pic of having 1 log... it will take a bit of time to sort out all of the variables as to were it will go in the inventory (i no because there are more variables than for the weapons and the weapons took a wile) but that isnt the problem. the problem is that i cant figure out how to make it so that if u chop dwn 2 trees, then it changes the texture to a pic of 2 logs(that is uploaded and redy to go on alice, i just cant figure out how to do it)

once that is dwn it shud b easy for me to make it so it does the same thing for 3 trees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEED help.jpg (91.5 KB, 32 views)