Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

OK, Pickles
Old
DrJim

Default OK, Pickles - 11-04-2006, 06:32 PM

You're the one who said it looked like a coffee stain (when enlarged), not me. Anyway, I also attached another possible avatar for you - it definitely doesn't look like a coffee stain. (The resturant, http://www.myauntedna.com/pickles/index.html , is pretty good if you're ever in eastern PA).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pickleslogo.jpg (22.9 KB, 183 views)

Ok, what the flip is going on here?
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Question Ok, what the flip is going on here? - 11-06-2006, 08:53 AM

Ok, now my name says that I'm 'Pickles' now... ... I'm not angry or anything , but I do hope you guys know that I was kidding when I said that y'all could call me pickles...

In any case, I guess its a good callsign for now . But I don't think I'm gonna even ask where you got that from, jim. LOL

More "Pickle's"
Old
DrJim

Default More "Pickle's" - 11-06-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Sovereign View Post
But I don't think I'm gonna even ask where you got that from, jim. LOL
After I even included Pickle's URL in case you wanted more of their artwork - I'm hurt. Some of their pictures are even more attractive than Michael Jackson or Orcas. For the record it is a real resturant about 10 minutes from my house where I often go for Sunday brunch - not something I made up.

Re artwork, I liked the art you posted - now understand the Shadow Sovereign name better, even though I still have trouble typing it. Is it your original art or did it come from a web site - and is the dragon an Alin Sand Dragon or some other kind? Also, what do you use GIMP for?

Old
thetrippster

Default 11-07-2006, 06:39 AM

well i showed him GIMP. its a very fun editing tool. i used it to make this custom .gif
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ihopeitworked.jpg (27.6 KB, 211 views)

Old
thetrippster

Default 11-07-2006, 06:40 AM

of course it dosent move since for some reason this forum uploads it as a .jpeg

Well...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Default Well... - 11-07-2006, 06:51 AM

It's not a Rise of Legends dragon, but I did find it off of one site on the internet.... can't remember the URL, though. I do have much more Rise of Legends pics if you would like to see them.
As for the Pickles thing, I'm sorry if I caused any offense. I did see that you said it was a real restaurant, but I didn't know it was that close to your house.
And for GIMP, all I do is just screw around and have fun seeing what I can do with my pics.

Don't understand what happened?
Old
DrJim

Unhappy Don't understand what happened? - 11-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrippster View Post
of course it dosent move since for some reason this forum uploads it as a .jpeg
Wondered how you downloaded the image so that it came out as a .jpeg? Just checked and the animated .gif I downloaded is still blinking away and I didn't do anything special?

Re GIMP - I had looked at the web page a few times but never bothered to download it since I have more than enough graphics programs already on my computer. If it's animation is pretty good, however, I may take a look. It seems (per the web page) to handle alpha level transparency quite well - that’s usually a weakness of “free” programs of that type. Does it support “Flash” animation?

A question to Shadow Sovereign (aka - oh, never mind) - were you able to save the "laser sniper rifle" you showed a few days ago as a single object? By the way, I did import a gun with two separate parts, and a reasonable origin into Alice as a single object (see attached) so I am making some progress.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rifle.zip (151.7 KB, 507 views)

Not quite...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Default Not quite... - 11-08-2006, 09:17 PM

I haven't gotten around to my FPS yet.... I've been a little busy with some other things lately, because my boss wants to hog up most of my free time (I work at McDonalds). But to fully answer your question, Jim, no. I still can't seem to create a single object from many of them put together yet, so I'm still grouping them into folders for the time being.
I haven't looked at your rifle yet, but I'm about to. I was changing my home PC sound scheme to sound like Rise of Legends sound clips, like instead of my regular windows startup music, I have a snippet of the Doge Ambient. It's so freakin' kewl!

Old
PopnTheDeerInHumanForm

Talking 09-02-2007, 09:06 AM

I made Mine With a Paint Program, I just cut out the red gogles from a nuclear strike from a worms 3D picture, and a random picture of Tails

Old
islandfever

Default 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
It seems (per the web page) to handle alpha level transparency quite well - that’s usually a weakness of “free” programs of that type. Does it support “Flash” animation?

I'm not sure what you mean about Flash animations...

It does indeed handle alpha level transparencies good, and the animations usually take time. If oyu have GIMP you can also download the GIMP Animation Package (GAP), which allows better animations, and yes it is free too. PLus, with GAP you can incorporate short videos into you main pictures, and you can in a way edit the videos. If so, expect to spend a lot of time on it.

The way for animation that is not from GAP would mostly be the manipulation of layers, and how you save it. Say you have a sprite for Mario, and you want him to loop jumping as your avatar. You put him on an alpha transparent layer, and then on new layers paste the mario's movements in order. YOu save as a .gif, as this is the only image file type that handles animation. (or on gif's standards, a loop of each layer in order.) You also must then select animation.

Hopefully that helps...