Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

First post ever. Question.
Old
gizmo810

Default First post ever. Question. - 11-28-2011, 10:40 AM

For a semester project, I want to create a game, with a points system.

Is there a way where you can use the events to create a points system?

Old
David B

Default 11-28-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo810 View Post
For a semester project, I want to create a game, with a points system.

Is there a way where you can use the events to create a points system?
Yes, you can create a point system. But for any of us to help you, you need to do ALOT of elaborating. Depending upon what you want to make a points system for will depend on how it is made.

Old
reuben2011

Default 11-29-2011, 04:25 AM

One way that people make a point system is they first set up a number variable, let's call it points. Another thing you want to do is then, using the 3d text object in the gallery, place it in the world. Then whenever you want the amount of points changes, you want to increment your points variable accordingly (for example your code might look like points = points + 1) and then you want to set the text property of the 3d text object to the points variable. This is a basic way of doing points. I'm not too sure what your project is though so you might want to elaborate a bit if you want more details.

Projects
-Escape the Kitchen
-That ninja animation
-Hill Collision

Upcoming Projects
-Some penguin adventure game?

Old
gizmo810

Default 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the replies.

My project should be fairly simple. It needs to have the these 3 things.

1.)Use the arrow keys to move something around

2.) In the world, you are to have a number of other objects that you are to either try to get close to or to avoid. You should use events to determine when you close enough to one of the objects.

3.) When you world starts, you should have a variable in your world that keep track of the points earned. When an event tells you you are close to an object, you are to either add or subtract some amount of points associated with that object. Each time this happens, the current point value should be shown to the user. Each object should only give its points once.

I got the whole layout and part one and two done. Part 3 is a little confusing for me.

my project so far, is you controlling Alice in a world full of zombies and evil ninjas. The objective of the game is to move Alice (using the arrow keys) to these 7 green levers, and when she gets near it, the lever activates and gives like 5 points. There are ninjas and zombies around, and if you get within a certain distance, you lose 2 points. Once you get close to all the levers, the game ends. I want to show the points acquired throughout the game.

I got the objects, most of the camera work, and some of the methods and events done. I just gotta figure out how to do the points as stated in number 3.

Im using either alice 2.0 or 2.2.

Oh, and how do I make the camera follow Alice? "camera constrain to point at"

Thanks.!