Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Help will be appreciated!
Old
punimon213

Default Help will be appreciated! - 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM

i have am having a hard time thinking on how to make your Alice character move in 4 directions in one method, example if i press the arrow key left the character must turn a certain degree then if i press it second time the character should move forward and not turn same goes if i press other arrow keys.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-22-2009, 01:05 PM

You'd need some kind of if/else if statement to determine whether the character is oriented to the direction the user presses when a direction is pressed. Maybe you could check to see if the character is already facing in the direction which is pressed, if not, he turns, if so, the character moves forward.

(')>

Old
punimon213

Default 09-23-2009, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
You'd need some kind of if/else if statement to determine whether the character is oriented to the direction the user presses when a direction is pressed. Maybe you could check to see if the character is already facing in the direction which is pressed, if not, he turns, if so, the character moves forward.
Sir, i got what you mean and can i clarify something can i still do what i ask even without using a "orienting object" because that's what our teacher wants us to do.