Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Okay, I have written the full first episode and WOW are you guys going to like it if I can pull it off. I am afraid that the cinematic's will overshadow the actual game lol. I have always felt that I have been better at making movies anyway haha. I will have to experiment and see if I should break the first cinematic into its own world and then release part 1 of the game after because the cutscene that I have planned is a pretty big one and I don't want the game to lag a lot because of it. Don't worry though, the cutscenes between the rest of the episodes are most likely going to be shorter so the rest of game should have in-game cutscenes. I am starting to get excited!!!

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-19-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
It is... dare I say it perfect.
Lol, this is something you should not fix, and 99.99% cannot fix, i just wanted to prove you wrong. If you are rolling, and you quick turn, you can walk upwards! Don't try and fix that, i just wanted to show you no progtam ANYWHERE is perfect. But yours is really close.

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-19-2009, 07:20 PM

Oh, I was not referring to the game itself being perfect, I was merely saying that the ammo counter (which was once really glitchy) was now working perfectly. Oh, and the glitch that you found, I can actually fix it

I just make it so that while you are rolling, you cannot quick turn.... problem solved

You were very close to getting your jaw stabbed though. Good thing I saved you.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I haven't really been getting any feedback lately. I was almost thinking that people were ignoring all of my posts. So thanks.

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-19-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-19-2009, 07:56 PM

(Deliberately looking away from chris101b)

Is he done posting yet? I have to know when to stop ignoring....hoho

No really, I usually just read your posts and make a mental note of the progress you've made. I'm mostly waiting for the game itself, something i can waste a few hours playing instead of a few minutes testing.

I actually read every new post every day on the forums. That's my job as a moderator: making sure no one posts any spam, inappropriate content, or stupid requests for homework to be done for them.

I do the same thing for visitor messages, picture albums, and picture comments as well. Spammers love to posts dumb links to "ear mite removal for dogs" sites on their own profiles. (Also, I've learned that almost everyone whose name begins with an exclamation mark is a spammer. Weird, right?)

(')>

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-20-2009, 01:43 AM

Haha,that's funny... weird, but funny.

Yeah, it was just something I wasn't used to. From my perspective I would post the new world, ask for feedback, and then check back a day later and there would be like 5 more threads above mine. I would check my thread and no comments... made me

But the constant posting of new versions is over. I am currently working on the opening cutscene (Which is a separate world from my actual game to save on space) and trying to get it synced with the epic music that I am using for it. So far it is coming out great. I don't have much yet (spent most of my time refining the characters/story) but that refinement has been for the better and I believe that this will turn out to be a pretty good game. As I said before though, I hope that the cutscenes don't overshadow the actual game though. But I believe that this will be one of the most original stories told in Alice to date. And if you knew me, you'd know that I like nothing more than a good story (Which is why I like Halo so much)

If I can pull off great cutscenes with great gameplay, I will have a pretty good game on my hands.

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-20-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-20-2009, 02:25 AM

Meh, I'm more of an Uncharted kind of guy. You want epic storyline? THAT'S an epic storyline.

I mean you've got: gunfights, treasure, bombs, gunfights, stealth kills, gunfights, melee combos, Nazis, counters, gunfights, run-and-guns, zombies, gunfights, curses, pirates, rock climbing, gunfights, great cutscenes, in-game dialogue, Gatling guns, mercenaries, riot shields, gunfights, the tree of life, bulletproof yetis, yaks, online play, a machinima mode, and a secret way to make your character really fat.

Oh and there's also throwing propane tanks and then quick-shooting them in midair. And gunfights.

Our differences aside, I'm looking forward to it. I've also got a few ideas for stories that I'd like to do something with. The only problem is I have no idea what. Seeing someone else put their idea into the form of an Alice game is inspiring.

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 12-20-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-20-2009, 09:49 AM

Halo has a great story, amazing characters, a naked hologram sidekick, space travel, gunfights, grenades, an assortment of creative weapons, gunfights, sticky grenades, turrets that you can rip off and carry around, gunfights, teleporters, saved films, forge mode (make your own maps), 4 player co-op, gunfights, aliens, Marty O'donnell's super epic music (Which you will hear in my game) : ), and gunfights.

I guess gunfights are a part of shooting games. I might be wrong though.

Hey, you are at 999 posts. Make your next post on here the 100th one.... I would be honored. Lol.

I am excited for this one too. I have always wanted to make something like this but never had the game-making skills to do it, so it's really great that I can do it now.

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-20-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Halo has a great story, amazing characters, a naked hologram sidekick, space travel, gunfights, grenades, an assortment of creative weapons, gunfights, sticky grenades, turrets that you can rip off and carry around, gunfights, teleporters, saved films, forge mode (make your own maps), 4 player co-op, gunfights, aliens, Marty O'donnell's super epic music (Which you will hear in my game) : ), and gunfights.
Quote:
I am excited for this one too. I have always wanted to make something like this but never had the game-making skills to do it, so it's really great that I can do it now.
Chris, if you can do all that in a game, you will be my idol. You will have surpassed RP 3.5. Lol, now do it.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-20-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delpenator View Post
Chris, if you can do all that in a game, you will be my idol. You will have surpassed RP 3.5. Lol, now do it.
Ooh, that sounds like a challenge to me. BRING IT ON!!!

Darn it , I don't remember which post was my thousandth... oh well.

(')>

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-20-2009, 08:47 PM

I really can't compete with RP though. RP is one of those games that is just so addicting to play and just absolutely amazing. x2495iiii... I may never be able to type your name out without copy/paste, but I have to say that you are amazing at game making.

My project will be a movie/game hybrid. Based on what I have written, and I have written a lot, this game will be more story/character based than action based. Each episode will be different in its own sense. I have written out the first and second episodes fully, and the rest of the episodes I have ideas for. The fact that it is a game and a movie will make it so that it won't really be able to compete gameplay-wise with other games such as RP. RP is an everlasting game that you can play to get your quick fix for a while. My game will be more of a "play for the story" type game.

It is like trying to compare geometry wars with halo. It can't be done! They are two completely different games. So consider my game the king of all the Alice game/movie hybrids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delpenator View Post
Oh I could do that all in one game.... my computer would crash though. Lol. I was talking about Halo 3 having all of that stuff, not my game. I wish Alice could handle a lot more than it does right now. It is really the only thing that is limiting some of my ideas.

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-20-2009 at 08:49 PM.