Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Air Plane Game
Old
EdLaFave

Default Air Plane Game - 11-21-2005, 12:08 PM

In this game you fly around a jet (A accelerates, S levels the plane, D does a barrel roll, and space bar drops a bomb) and the objective is to destroy the enemy tanks/humvees/jets/radar control. The tanks/humvees drive around the world and try to shoot you down. If anybody plays it and has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

As of now the tanks/humvees drive around aimlessly with no intellegence. I'd like them to be able to mauever around buildings rather than driving right through them, any ideas on that?

If you hit space bar to drop a bomb and then hit it again while the bomb is dropping....my code will automatically make your jet drop another bomb as soon as the 1st bomb finished droping. I'd like to ignore requests to drop bombs while the 1st bomb is dropping, any ideas on this? I've tried using a boolean variable to indicate whether or not the bomb is currently droping and then only drop the bomb if the bomb isn't currently dropping but this doesn't work.

Or even better, I'd like to create and destroy an infinite number of bomb objects so you can drop as many bombs in a row as you want instead of droping them one at a time. Anybody have any ideas??? I could easily do this in an object orriented language such as java but not being able to write code in alice is a major restraint.

When the jet turns I'd like to have the jet lean towards the side as a real jet would....however when I make it roll let say .1 revolutions it causes it to fly very strangly. Any ideas on how to get the jet to lean toward the side without effecting how it flys?

If anybody can provide any improvement on the collision detection for the airplane (detects when you crash into buildings, humvees, ground, etc.) that would also be great!

Well I hope I get some feedback/advice, let me know what you guys think.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Aerial Assult.a2w (4.26 MB, 1673 views)

Last edited by EdLaFave; 11-21-2005 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach the game.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 11-28-2005, 10:42 AM

Great work!

Old
kingsamses

Default 11-28-2005, 02:50 PM

I'll try to take a look and see if there's anything I can do to it when I have some time. I do have some ideas I'd like to try.

Old
kingsamses

Default 12-19-2005, 04:28 PM

Just so you know (if you're still watching this thread), I havn't forgotten about this. I've been busy lately with school, reformatting my computer and reinstalling my programs after Windows crashed, and assorted Christmas activities. I'll be leaving on vacation in two days, to get back the second of January, so I hope to get to this sometime in January, hopefully before I become busy with my birthday in February.

Ill lend a hand!
Old
samjamrb

Talking Ill lend a hand! - 09-28-2007, 09:38 PM

I downloaded your version of the game and am going to fix all your problems!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! This may take a while, so ill post a new thread when it is done.
Samjam Studios will do the rest of the work, lucky you!!

I figured how to fix the AI Problem!!
Old
samjamrb

Default I figured how to fix the AI Problem!! - 09-28-2007, 10:00 PM

I have a code that will fix your "random driving" problem. And I know how to fix the bomb problem! ANything else you need?

Crashing easy!
Old
samjamrb

Default Crashing easy! - 09-28-2007, 10:01 PM

Ill do your crash detection too.

Repost: Air Plane Game
Old
TYPHOIDEON

Default Repost: Air Plane Game - 05-24-2011, 11:31 PM

In this game you fly around a jet (A accelerates, S levels the plane, D does a barrel roll, and space bar drops a bomb) and the objective is to destroy the enemy tanks/humvees/jets/radar control. The tanks/humvees drive around the world and try to shoot you down. If anybody plays it and has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

As of now the tanks/humvees drive around aimlessly with no intellegence. I'd like them to be able to mauever around buildings rather than driving right through them, any ideas on that?

If you hit space bar to drop a bomb and then hit it again while the bomb is dropping....my code will automatically make your jet drop another bomb as soon as the 1st bomb finished droping. I'd like to ignore requests to drop bombs while the 1st bomb is dropping, any ideas on this? I've tried using a boolean variable to indicate whether or not the bomb is currently droping and then only drop the bomb if the bomb isn't currently dropping but this doesn't work.

Or even better, I'd like to create and destroy an infinite number of bomb objects so you can drop as many bombs in a row as you want instead of droping them one at a time. Anybody have any ideas??? I could easily do this in an object orriented language such as java but not being able to write code in alice is a major restraint.

When the jet turns I'd like to have the jet lean towards the side as a real jet would....however when I make it roll let say .1 revolutions it causes it to fly very strangly. Any ideas on how to get the jet to lean toward the side without effecting how it flys?

If anybody can provide any improvement on the collision detection for the airplane (detects when you crash into buildings, humvees, ground, etc.) that would also be great!

Old
reuben2011

Default 05-25-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYPHOIDEON View Post

Why is this a word-for-word replica of the original post?

Projects
-Escape the Kitchen
-That ninja animation
-Hill Collision

Upcoming Projects
-Some penguin adventure game?