Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Alice 3.0
Old
lanceA

Default Alice 3.0 - 04-21-2008, 04:46 PM

Gabe,
I am contemplating purchasing Camtasia to record my students Alice Worlds. But before I spend $300, will Alice 3.0 allow students to share their worlds with others without the use of 3rd party products, including NOT having to install Alice 3.0 installed on their machines?

Thank you,

Last edited by lanceA; 04-21-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Old
DrJim

Default 04-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Gabe,

One added question - wasn't some of that functionality supposed to be in release 2.2 also?

Old
blindguardian805

Default 04-21-2008, 08:48 PM

when is alice 3.0 coming out?

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 04-22-2008, 10:30 AM

Lance,

Alice 2.2 will have basic movie making support, allowing you to record your worlds to video.

Alice 3 should also have this movie making support; hopefully we will also create a much better web plugin to allow interactive worlds inside a web browser.

As for creating a standalone, self contained world that will run without an Alice installation, I don't want to speculate. I will pass this along to Dennis and see if he has a better idea whether or not this will be possible.

If you are still interested in Camtasia, it is a pretty good piece of software that is great for screen capture, Alice or otherwise. If you are ordering as part of a school, definitely check out journeyed.com. They offer heavily discounted software for education. It's where I buy all of our software whenever our school doesn't already have a special license.

-------------------------

blindguardian805,

see here

Old
lanceA

Default 04-22-2008, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the prompt response, Gabe.

Yes, I continue to have an interest in Camtasia. And I see there is a significant discount for schools and institutions on that site. Thanks for the URL. I need it for several projects so I will probably purchase it tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for the reply.

Last edited by lanceA; 04-22-2008 at 02:53 PM.