Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

how do i solve the 'empty name error'
Old
taboo games

Default how do i solve the 'empty name error' - 08-07-2009, 09:23 PM

i've tried searching and cant find anything, so ......

i've made a model useing anim8or that i've converted through biturn to .ase

however, when i try to import the model, alice screams "alice does not suport empty names" at me with a huge list of errors..........

any ideas? i'm sure someone's had this problem before, and i'd really like to get this model into the game i'm makeing, cus my younger brother made it.....

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 08-09-2009, 09:07 AM

taking this literally, you forgot to name something. So try checking if you named the project and its descendants. other than that, I don't know. That error is the same error you get when renaming something and leaving it blank.

Old
DrJim

Default 08-11-2009, 11:29 AM

Actually this probably is a problem with Biturn and Anim8or, the combination of which can give an .ase file that has a blank name. The solution is to opet the .ase file in a text editor and replace the blank with a dummy name. (I haven't done this for a while, but as I remember all you have to do to find these is search for two quotation marks with nothing between them.)

Old
taboo games

Default 08-12-2009, 09:41 PM

cool, thanks, should be pretty easy to do. a few ctrl + f's and i'll be done in no time......

i downloaded blender, and man does it confuse one-self......its not like ANY animator i've touched yet. the bone system is amazeing though.....