Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

[me again...] Flight sim 0.1, link and questions
Old
notherdimension100

Unhappy [me again...] Flight sim 0.1, link and questions - 05-23-2018, 07:28 AM

Hey guys, its me again. I have progressed through the coding, and i found a couple of bugs. I have left a link to the project in this post so that you can analyse it.

Bug 1- The Boeing 707 Jet, when selected, would eventually turn for some reason again, even though the method is already finished without a loop function.

Bug 2- The game seems to immediately lag as soon as i start the events for "flying". I think its the overall timing of the methods, but they are all on 0.01 second updates on the loop method, so i guess that's not it.

Bug 3- Camera is kinda broken when selecting an aircraft and/or switching it

Bug 4- Inputs are still going even though i restart or stop the sim. This seems to be a reoccurring problem in all of my posts and this simulations progress.

Old
sometimes618

Default 05-23-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notherdimension100 View Post
Hey guys, its me again. I have progressed through the coding, and i found a couple of bugs. I have left a link to the project in this post so that you can analyse it.

Bug 1- The Boeing 707 Jet, when selected, would eventually turn for some reason again, even though the method is already finished without a loop function.

Bug 2- The game seems to immediately lag as soon as i start the events for "flying". I think its the overall timing of the methods, but they are all on 0.01 second updates on the loop method, so i guess that's not it.

Bug 4- Inputs are still going even though i restart or stop the sim. This seems to be a reoccurring problem in all of my posts and this simulations progress.
...I don't see the link...hmm.

Starring, written, directed, and produced by sometimes618.

Get Alice Fighters v0.7:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=57651#post57651

Old
notherdimension100

Default 05-24-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimes618 View Post
...I don't see the link...hmm.
hmm, hang on. ill resend it
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IL...W-YgU5XzwO75TO
this should get you to the file

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 05-24-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notherdimension100 View Post

I think part of the problem is that you are using infinite loops especially in events.
There are events like "while something is true" or when a "variable changes" that act as more effective loops when the movie is running. I am not sure how the program reacts when an event that contains an infinite loop is called more than once.
Note that there is also a "While the movie is running" event you get to it by selecting "When the world starts" then right clicking on the event and selecting "change to."

So you could for instance have an event called "While speed >0" and it would be called repeatedly whenever the speed was greater than 0 without any loops. This event could be used to move and turn the plane.

Hope this helps.
Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 05-24-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentree View Post
I think part of the problem is that you are using infinite loops especially in events.
There are events like "while something is true" or when a "variable changes" that act as more effective loops when the movie is running. I am not sure how the program reacts when an event that contains an infinite loop is called more than once.
Note that there is also a "While the movie is running" event you get to it by selecting "When the world starts" then right clicking on the event and selecting "change to."

So you could for instance have an event called "While speed >0" and it would be called repeatedly whenever the speed was greater than 0 without any loops. This event could be used to move and turn the plane.

Hope this helps.
Mark
I have attached a movie with some of the changes suggested above. moving the speed to a variable and getting rid of some of the loops hopefully it will help.
Mark
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Flight Simulator Experimental 0.2.a2w (1.89 MB, 9 views)

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Old
sometimes618

Smile 05-25-2018, 07:10 PM

I'm so happy...somebody besides me posted an Alice 2 world on the forums.

If there's one thing I would like to see be fixed, it's that the game told me it was Q and W for the throttle, but it's actually Q and E. Other than that, I like it.

Starring, written, directed, and produced by sometimes618.

Get Alice Fighters v0.7:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=57651#post57651

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 05-25-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimes618 View Post
I'm so happy...somebody besides me posted an Alice 2 world on the forums.

If there's one thing I would like to see be fixed, it's that the game told me it was Q and W for the throttle, but it's actually Q and E. Other than that, I like it.
Thanks, I haven’t posted to this thread before as your advice seemed to cover the same bases I would have.
Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Tags
bugs, flight, simulator