Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

"While" function ?
Old
Laur07

Default "While" function ? - 06-20-2011, 03:38 PM

One of my methods in my project consists of a condition :Create a method called "fishJump". This method should take one fish object as a parameter and make that fish jump up out of the water and back in, at random speeds, and move a little away from the camera after each jump. It should continue to do this until either the fish is at least 10m away from the camera, or all 5 fish have been caught (use numCaught variable).

I used a "While" condition for this and made the fish jump infinity times but then i guess because of the "infinity" the rest of my project doesnt work after this ? Because i have another step after but it doesnt even acknowledge it....Am i doing this right ?

Old
beachbum111111

Default 06-20-2011, 03:55 PM

Can you post your world?

"Don't lead me into temptation I can find it myself"

Old
Laur07

Default 06-20-2011, 04:00 PM

So its the "JumpFish" method that i guess is the problem ... and as i said i am not sure if i need to keep the infinity loop because nothing in my world method happens after but at the same time i need to keep my fish moving ...

thank you!!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w tutorial 11.a2w (456.7 KB, 23 views)

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 06-21-2011, 05:40 PM

What you have to do is make the Fish Jump method independent of the other methods. I assume you noticed the fish are still caught when the jump is in a loop, but the first method does not continue. Activate the FishJump method in another method, perhaps with a delay so that it at least looks like it happens at the same time. You could also use a variable. Say after the fishing boat says something
"Set Jumping Fish to True"
and an event "If Jumping Fish == True"
"During - For each item from FishList together:
JumpFish whichFish== item from FishList"
There is no FishList, but if you have not learned Lists and Arrays yet, it is a set of variables (Objects, strings, numbers, whatever.) so you don't have to make five 'When mouse is clicked on' events.