Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How to send a function to clipboard
Old
wongwanchap

Default How to send a function to clipboard - 02-13-2009, 07:14 AM

Anyone know how to send a function to clipboard.

The reason why I want to do that is because everytime I want to use some basic (really basic) function (eg. == != .toString etc..), then I need to first click world, then click function, then scroll down to find the function, finially drag it to the position I want, which is quite time consuming...

Anyone know is there exisit any fast way to call out those function?

Old
DrJim

Default 02-13-2009, 11:20 AM

A slightly messy way to do that is to use the function in a valid expression and then put that expression on the clipboard. You can then drag the expression back into your program and extract the function from it and put it where you want.

Note you have to use the clipboard. A straight copy usually (always?)doesn't work.

Also you can increase the number of available clipboards using the Edit>Preferences>SeldomUsed menu.

Old
wongwanchap

Default 02-13-2009, 12:55 PM

Yeah, it's a clever way.

It really save my time.(i guess)

Hope the next version of Alice can provide a place to let us put our usual function and method..

Old
DrJim

Default 02-14-2009, 12:13 PM

If you have too many frequently used functions and methods for the clipboards to help, you could also use functions with a dummy object to hold the expressions (see attached). At least the frequently used functions will always be at the top of the function list.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Dummy Object for Functions.a2w (170.2 KB, 7 views)