Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Camera positions
Old
Bulldog41

Default Camera positions - 12-02-2009, 10:27 PM

New to the forums...Great site and information. I did a search but I couldn't find the answer to my problem.
I'm making a music video and want the camera to stay in front of my objects as they walk around the world. Can anyone help with this issue? I dropped a dummy camera in front, to give a view of them walking to the camera but I can't figure how to keep it moving at the same distance as the objects move towards it. Thanks

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2009, 02:49 AM

You set the camera's vehicle to the moving object (vehicle is found under the properties tab of the camera).

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 12-03-2009, 06:38 PM

It seems like almost everyone's problems can be solved with the vehicle option

This must have been the answer to at least 20 other questions I have seen on the forums, lol. Good thing creators of Alice put this option in here, now they just need to work on a "Collision Detection" option in each object's options.

Old
Bulldog41

Default 12-03-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
You set the camera's vehicle to the moving object (vehicle is found under the properties tab of the camera).
x2495iiii thanks for your reply. I did a search before I asked the question and yes that answer came up. But my problem with changing the cameras vehicle properties is that it doesn't stay in the front of the objects....it moves to the side. So I decided to take the long route and just tried to drop dummy cameras every few spots.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2009, 09:50 PM

A vehicled object doesn't move unless it's vehicle does or if you tell it to move, thought the orientation of the camera could be a problem as well. Try having the camera stand up and see if it changes the camera's orientation significantly. If it does, you know that was part of the problem.

(')>