Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Old
debussybunny563

Smile 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttharipper View Post
im kind of new to alice and im making a first person shooter...
how do you import the weapons into your own alice project?
your help would be greatly appreciated
After you download the world, open it up.

On the top left, where all the objects are, right-click on the object you want, and from the drop-down list choose "Save Object."

Go through the procedure to save your object; it's just the same as saving any other type of file.

Remember where you saved it.

Open up your world, and select File > Import.

Search for your object, and when you find it, import it, and then you should have it.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
jediaction

Default 09-16-2010, 04:02 PM

Save one of the weapons posted on the forums in the folder "requiered" or any of the folder inside. Open up alice in the same source. The weapon will be there

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
skullkan6

Default 09-23-2010, 01:03 PM

How do I IMPORT THESE MODELS TO ALICE???? I tried using the import option and it didn't work... THESE WOULD BE PERFECT FOR WHAT I'M WORKING ON!!!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-23-2010, 01:50 PM

Open the world he posted, then right click the name of each object you want to import to other world, then select "save object..." to save it as a .a2c file. Now, you can open other worlds, select File>Import, and select that .a2c file to import it.

Old
jediaction

Default 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkan6 View Post
How do I IMPORT THESE MODELS TO ALICE???? I tried using the import option and it didn't work... THESE WOULD BE PERFECT FOR WHAT I'M WORKING ON!!!
I think my post could of helped. The one right above yours

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 10-28-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkan6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
I think my post could of helped. The one right above yours
I know, right, jedi? There were several posts right above skullkan's, like yours, that explained what to do.

I'm surprised at such laziness, and, frankly, idiocy, on the part of the poster.

People need to stop expecting others will do everything for them and actually LOOK IT UP themselves.

I'm especially irked by the fact the posts explaining what to do were literally RIGHT ABOVE that post.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 10-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 10-29-2010, 08:26 AM

Your right.......but no need to get into an argument..Your starting one up!

Old
David B

Default 06-20-2011, 01:46 PM

I know this is an old thread, and I probably shouldn't be posting on this thread because of that, but the models are so good that I have to! Nice job!

Old
Crusader

Default 07-23-2011, 07:48 AM

Great stuff. The only drawback, though, is that the M4's magazine and barrel are the same part, which will result in some awkward reload animations. But hey, the Desert Eagle, my solution to that for reloading is to simply have it lowered, reloaded off-screen and brought back up, like in GoldenEye for Nintendo 64. Classic.

Old
Crusader

Default 08-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Great stuff. The only drawback, though, is that the M4's magazine and barrel are the same part, which will result in some awkward reload animations. But hey, the Desert Eagle, my solution to that for reloading is to simply have it lowered, reloaded off-screen and brought back up, like in GoldenEye for Nintendo 64. Classic.
And, may I add, dual-wielding, in many of the more commonplace first person shooters of today, such as Call of Duty: Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2. Man, what were the guys at Treyarch thinking having Warlord Pro give you extra grenades? They should have given you one perk upgrade for every challenge, like, well, I guess the extra grenades sounds good for one for Warlord, and throw in the 2 secondary attachments from its Bling precursor from Modern Warfare 2, I mean come on, in the campaign mission Numbers you can find dual, full-auto CZ-75's, and they should've had less restrictions on what attachments you could have on your guns. Case in point: on Rebirth Island (which, by the way, was an actual Soviet biochemical weapons testing site in the Cold War), you get an Enfield with a thermal scope to help you see enemies through the thick clouds of Nova 6, and a Masterkey under-barrel shotgun. But is that combo available to you in multiplayer? NO! And to think that certain weapons in this game were not out until much later. For example, the FAMAS didn't exist until 1975, and to make it even crazier, that particular model in the game wasn't around until the 1990's. But, even with all these arsenal continuity errors, and perk quirks (hey, that rhymes), it's still a blast (both figuratively and literally), with an epic story, that I admit is way too short, but does remind me of Final Fantasy VII, crazy competetive multiplayer, and the triumphant return of the franchise's genre jump with... NAZI ZOMBIES.

FOR THE REPUBLIC!