Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Scene Setup - Properties at Startup
Old
mcavner

Default Scene Setup - Properties at Startup - 10-08-2010, 12:09 PM

Ok - I'm gonna try this one more time. Every time I post a question - NOBODY answers.

In Alice 2.2 you can change the properties of an object during scene setup - like the snow woman's hat color. That way - when the animation starts - her hat starts with the new color.

In Alice 3 - I know I can drag properties into the program and change them - but how do I change them during scene setup BEFORE the animation starts?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Very few people seriously use Alice 3, meaning nearly nobody on the forums has a clue about how to fix problems encountered therein. Hence why possibly no one answers your questions. It's better than posting "I dunno lol."

I know that Alice 3, being incomplete at the moment, is missing several features. I also know that this problem will not be fixed in the near future, as progress on Alice 3 is very slow as they are severely understaffed.

If I was in your situation: encountering a (seemingly) insurmountable limit in Alice, I'd do one of two things.

1. Find another way to do what I'm trying to do - If you can change durations in Alice 3, try putting all the property changes you want in a do together method with durations of zero.

2. Switch media - Alice 2.0 and 2.2, as you probably know, are more stable than Alice 3 and support property changes before runtime.

Tags
properties, scene setup