Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

FPS! Battle Grounds
Old
jediaction

Default FPS! Battle Grounds - 10-03-2009, 11:38 AM

JEDIACTION

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW VERSION NEW!!!!!!!!!!!

First...I know i mispelled survivor, It did not let me fix it. This is a FPS game. This is like STAR WARS BATLE FRONT but it is shooting balls. It has Fairly well animation for shooting reloading and jumping. There are 3 enemies, they all have health and you are fighting in a grassy area. "The Orange Ball has following bullets, dont get hit from him" There is health and it looks like your in a suit with a mask over the screen. Hope you like it. Tell me what i could add, im trying to make this as good as possible! There are no instuctions on how to play so here.

-Hold down the mouse to turn the camera
-W,S,A,D to move
-Space bar to jump
-Left or Right mouse button to fire
-R to reload

Please be aware that there is one bug i have not fixed its jumping and landing on enemies. You go under ground. I KNOW
Attached Files
File Type: a2w BATTLE DAY-SURVIVIOR.a2w (9.57 MB, 171 views)

Last edited by jediaction; 01-11-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-03-2009, 12:06 PM

I thought this was very nice. There is a delay when clicking repeatedly too fast (which can only be fixed by reducing the firing duration to a tiny amount, .15 seconds or less is my calculation).

Also, I'm okay with there not being a how-to-play intro (since there are file-size restrictions in Alice), but I do like it when there's something that tells me when the game ends, because otherwise I find myself searchnig around for bad guys I've missed.

I know
Old
jediaction

Default I know - 10-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Yeah, but i dont know how to do that...3 enemies dead then it says you win, i dont know how to do that

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-03-2009, 09:17 PM

You could try adding a "while the world is running" event which contains an if/else if statement which checks to see if your 3 enemy health variables are all equal to zero, then displays a You Win text if they are.

To make the if statement include all 3 items, right-click on the initial "if" condintion, then click the logic boption on the pouop menu, then click "if true and true" to add a second condition. Repeat this process with either of the two conditions to add a third.

I tried that
Old
jediaction

Default I tried that - 10-07-2009, 09:03 AM

I tried doing that, but its not working to well. I'll get it someday

this game is pretty fun
Old
ahibrada

Default this game is pretty fun - 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM

i was getting to excited lol

Old
jediaction

Default 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Excited about what. The game? Sorry, I made this a while ago...But really, I have better ones. Just try my other ones for now, gow on my website. I have some cool games on there for free and purchasable really cheap. Like 5$ cheap. Its not a scam, even though people might think it is. I try showing as much proof as I can. Even the demos!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

im back
Old
Tanndox

Talking im back - 01-05-2011, 02:14 PM

hi guys i have not been making alice games for a wile but did this one in the time i had. it is an assassins creed game i had to use photos ok ezio and import them into alice. A-assassinate SPACE-jump.
but i have one problem their is a big wight box around ezio and the templar
dose anybody know how to fix it?? thanks you can download the game here

Old
jediaction

Default 01-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Well first of all. You can start your own threads instead of asking on my thread, or just ask me on my page. Well the answer to your question is to have certain type of image. I think GIMP files get rid of all the white. You have to make everything but the character pure white and save it as a GIMp file. then if you import it into alice. It should work. My directions are 90% correct. Except I might be wrong on the file type and the background color. Tell me what happens

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Fritz

Default 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM

This isn't bad but the animations need some real work. Also you have delays on your firing with clicking so it will keep shooting after you stop clicking if you click a bunch of times in a row very fast. Also, if you reload after spamming, it will go up to ten again, shoot 1-2 times down to 8 or 9 and then go back to ten again.

Hit detection also could use a little work but good job overall.

Working on a new Futuristic FPS game

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6734